In this article, you'll learn:
- How to enable the Google Merchant center integration in CommentSold.
- How to connect CommentSold and Google Merchant Center.
- How to schedule a recurring inventory push and update to your Google Merchant Center.
About Google Merchant Center
Google Merchant Center allows retailers to manage how their inventory appears on Google. Retailers can upload product images and manage product information, such as pricing. Google Merchant Center also integrates with other Google services, allowing retailers to easily manage Google ads and more.
CommentSold can seamlessly push products into a retailer's Google Merchant Center and keep the product information up-to-date. This saves the retailer from having to manually upload each product and add or remove products as inventory changes.
Ready to get started?
- Reach out to the CommentSold Support team by selecting the Support icon in the bottom-right corner of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Ensure you’ve set up your taxes in your Google Merchant Center. Learn how here.
How Google Merchant Center Benefits Your Business
- Reach thousands of shoppers via Google searches, Google Shopping, YouTube, and more.
- Manage product information for multiple Google services from a single central location.
- Keep inventory information up-to-date with a scheduled sync with CommentSold.
Enable Google Merchant Center Integration
- Select Setup in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Select More Integrations from the options listed at the top of the page.
- Locate the Google Merchant Center and select Enable Integration.
Once enabled, you must paste the Feed URL, Feed Username, and Feed Password into your new Google Merchant Feed. We will walk through that process in the next section.
Create a Google Merchant Feed
- Select Programs in the side menu of your Google Merchant Center.
- Select Create a Feed at the bottom center of the page.
- Under Target Countries, select Add.
- Locate and select United States in the listing, then select Save.
- Select English from the Language drop-down.
- Select Continue.
- Enter a name for your feed in the Primary Feed Name field.
- For your feed method, select Scheduled Fetch.
- Select Continue.
- Enter a name for your schedule in the File Name field.
- Set when the fetch should take place:
- Fetch Frequency. Choose from Daily, Weekly, or Monthly.
- Fetch Time. Choose the time of day using the drop-down provided.
- Time Zone. Select the time zone for your business (or another preferred time zone).
- Copy the Feed URL in CommentSold and paste it into the File URL field.
- Copy the Feed Username in CommentSold and paste it into the Username field.
- Copy the Feed Password in CommentSold and paste it into the Password field.
- Select Create Feed.
Your products will upload at the next scheduled feed time (i.e., if you create the feed at 6PM and have it set daily for 5PM, the next upload will be the following day at 5PM). If you wish to initiate your first upload at the time you create the feed, select Fetch Now in the top-right corner of the page.