Be prepared for POS issues or phone orders by knowing how to manually create a shopper order! Read on to learn more.
Manually creating a shopper’s order is a great backup plan in the event you experience issues with your POS, or if you wish to process a phone order for in-store pickup.
If the shopper is new to your business, you will need to create a customer record for them before you can create an order.
Step 1: Add Products to a Shopper’s Cart
- Select Customers in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Locate and select the customer for whom you need to create an order, and select their Name.
- Scroll and locate the Shopping Cart section.
- Select Add Product to Cart on the right side of the page.
- In the pop-up, locate the product you wish to add and select Add.
- Use the Search field in the top-right corner of the pop-up to filter the list of products. You can search by product name or SKU.
- Select OK on the confirmation pop-up.
- Once you have added the product(s), select Done in the bottom-right corner of the pop-up.
Step 2: Create the Order
Before you create the order, confirm with the customer that the information shown in the Shopping Cart section is accurate. This includes the products and variants, as well as the customer shipping information if you will be shipping the product.
From here, you can also:
- Switch between shipping and local pickup, if enabled.
- Manually enter a coupon code by selecting Add Coupon Code
- In the Shopping Cart section, select Confirm & Create this Order on the right side of the page.
- In the pop-up, select Yes, create the order.
- If you have fulfilled the order, you can select the Fulfill this Order? Checkbox.
Generated orders will appear in the Paid Orders section of the customer record. If you marked the order as fulfilled during creation, then the order will appear in the Fulfilled Orders section. You can select the Order Number to jump to the order record.
- Offer Local Pickup. Enable local pickup to allow shoppers to pick up in-store or at your warehouse.
- Process a Return and Refund. Learn how to process full and partial refunds in CommentSold.
- Process an Exchange. Learn how to process an exchange in CommentSold.