Recently TikTok announced it will be enforcing the section of the TikTok Shop Product Listing Policy that requires the main image on a product listing to have a white background. To help you remain compliant with this policy, we have developed a tool that will remove the existing background on your main image and replace it with a white background during TikTok product sync.
Important things to know:
- Going forward, the main image on any TikTok product listing will need to have a white background.
- At this time, TikTok is not assigning violation points to images that are not compliant. However, if an image is flagged, the product will be delisted until the main image is fixed.
- Our White Background for Main Image Tool gives you the option to remove the background on your main image during product sync, while maintaining the original image in CommentSold.
- The tool removes the background during TikTok product sync, so to see the revised image, you will need to view it in TikTok Seller Center.
- When re-syncing products to remove and replace the background, TikTok product sync daily limitations will still apply.
Enable the TikTok White Background for Main Image Tool
- Select Social Setup in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Select TikTok from the options listed at the top of the page.
- Scroll and locate the Sync Products section, then select the down arrow.
- Select the toggle to the right of White Background for Main Image to turn it on.
Use the White Background for Main Image Tool
- Select Products in the side of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Choose Filter at the top of the page.
- On the pop-up, scroll and locate the TikTok section.
- Select the checkbox to the left of Synced to TikTok.
- Select Apply in the bottom-right corner of the pop-up.
Apply White Background to an Individual Product
- Select and open the product for which you wish to replace the current background with a white background.
- Scroll and locate the TikTok Product Settings section in the bottom-left corner of the product record.
- Select Force Sync. This will resync the product to TikTok with the background of the main image removed and replaced with a white background.
Apply White Background to Multiple Products
- Select the checkbox to the left of each product to which you wish to replace the current background with a white background.
- Select the green Selected drop-down in the top-left corner of the product listing.
- Select Add to TikTok from the options listed.
Confirm White Background Images in TikTok
- Select Products in the side menu of your TikTok Seller Center.
- Select Manage Products.
- Locate the product(s) you re-synced from CommentSold.
- The main image should now have a white background.