Meta recently announced plans to remove all Facebook Group Apps on 4/22/24. Unfortunately, Meta’s change will impact our shops’ ability to sell products in their Facebook Groups via posts and live sales.
How will this impact my shop? The change to Facebook Group Apps will impact your shop in three ways:
- CommentSold will no longer be able to publish posts to your Facebook group(s).
- CommentSold will no longer be able to broadcast a live sale to your Facebook group(s).
- This change will remove our ability to read your customers’ SOLD comments on group posts and Facebook Lives and link those comments to their customer records in CommentSold.
Please note that this only impacts your Facebook Groups. CommentSold will still be able to publish posts, read SOLD comments to posts and lives, and broadcast live sales to your linked Facebook Page.
If you haven’t already, we recommend you create and link your Facebook Page to your CommentSold account. Facebook Pages offers broader reach and higher visibility with zero permission restrictions. We walk you through this process here.
What is CommentSold doing in response to Meta’s change?
- Before 4/22/24, we plan to launch private lives for both your mobile app and website. For these lives, you’ll be able to invite a specific group of customers to shop your sale and interact with your team and one another. This will mimic the functionality of lives for your dedicated Facebook Groups.
- Additionally, our Customer Growth team will be hosting workshops focused on leveraging your group as a marketing tool to promote your live sales on your mobile app and website.
Finally, we have reached out to contacts at Meta for more information and to discuss what alternative options might be available.
We recognize that this change will cause unexpected changes and disruptions to your selling process. During this period, please be assured that we are here for you every step of the way. As Meta continues to shift their policies and priorities, our team will continue to monitor and is ready to assist and guide you through any questions or concerns that you may have. Your success is our priority, and we are dedicated to providing the support you need to navigate these changes seamlessly.
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to our Customer Support team or your Customer Growth Specialist.