We’ve updated our Shopify integration! If you’ve synced your Shopify store in the past, you may notice that the below process has changed. Our integration still functions the same—it’s simply the enabling step that has changed.
Shopify, like CommentSold, is a popular e-commerce platform that allows shops to sell products to consumers. Shops that want to use CommentSold's robust social selling and live selling capabilities but keep their Shopify webstore can use Shopify Sync to sync inventory information.
Connect to Shopify
- Select Setup in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Select Shopify Sync from the options listed at the top of the page.
- In the Connect Your Shopify Account section, select Connect App.
- You’ll be redirected to the Shopify app store listing for the Comment Integration Sync. Select Install.
- On the Install page, review and accept the permissions by selecting Install app in the top-right corner of the page.
The app will start installing and will automatically redirect you back to your Shopify Sync page in CommentSold.The sync process can take several minutes, depending on the amount of inventory you are syncing. CommentSold will display a green Connected message once the sync completes.
- Shopify Select Your Location. CommentSold syncs to the Shipping Origin (default location) in Shopify. If you wish to sell from a different location, contact our Support team to have the location switched. CommentSold can only sell from one location's inventory at a time. Before you change the location synced to your CommentSold account, clear all carted items from the current location.
- Send Orders to Shopify. If you wish to fulfill orders using Shopify, enable this setting.
- Receive an email when an order fails to sync with Shopify. Enable if you wish to receive an email notification to your shop's primary email in CommentSold when an order fails to push to Shopify.
- Do not use "Default Title" for inventory. Enable if you wish for sizes and colors to have a blank title rather than "Default Title" as the title.
- Do not sync published status with Shopify. Enable if you wish for CommentSold to ignore whether you've published a product in Shopify.
Sync Shopify Coupons. Select Import Coupons to import all Shopify coupons created in the last 100 days. Moving forward, any new coupon created in Shopify will sync to CommentSold.
- Please note that CommentSold does not currently sync Shopify BOGO or product-specific coupons. You will need to create these coupons in CommentSold.
- Sync Shopify "Compare At" Price to CS. Enable if you wish for the price in Shopify to sync to CommentSold as the "Sale Price."
Sync Product SKUs
Shopify uses "parent" and "child" SKUs for product variants. CommentSold, however, only uses a parent SKU. This can impact the way your inventory syncs. For this reason, we've outlined a few tips below to help Shopify and CommentSold effectively sync your inventory.
If an item in Shopify has variants (e.g., size or colors), then Shopify will apply your parent SKU to the first item + variant you enter. From there, Shopify will increase the final number by one for as many additional variants you offer.
Here's an example of a product called Short Sleeved Ruffle Shirt (Parent SKU: T120).
|Item + Variant(s)||SKU||Notes|
|Small Denim Blue||T121||Parent SKU|
|Medium Denim Blue||T122||Parent SKU + 1 (Child SKU)|
|Large Denim Blue||T123||Increasing by 1 (Child SKU)|
Since CommentSold only applies one SKU to an item, it will pull the common denominator for Shopify's item variants. In the example above, this would be T12.
To ensure Shopify variants sync, you'll want to manually edit SKUs so they share that common denominator (i.e., T12). You can do this by adding a dash between the common denominator and the last digit of the child SKU.
- Locate the Variant section on the product's record in Shopify.
- Select the Edit drop-down menu.
- Select Edit SKUs from the options listed.
- Edit the SKUs as needed by inserting the dash between the common denominator and the last digit in the child SKU.
Got Questions? We've Got Answers
- What happens if I want to switch between locations on Shopify? You'll need to clear any carted Shopify items from customer carts before switching to a new location. This is to help prevent any inventory errors.
- What happens to the location if I disconnect Shopify from CommentSold and reconnect it later? When you reconnect to Shopify, the last location you selected to sell from will be the default location.
- Create a Coupon Code. Learn how to re-create Shopify BOGO and product-specific coupons in CommentSold.
- Create a Scheduled Sale. Learn how a scheduled sale in CommentSold works with Shopify.
- Process Returns and Exchanges. Learn how to process returns and exchanges in CommentSold before processing them in Shopify.