Want to ensure your business meets the compliance standards of the platforms you use? Read on for more information and resources.
Prohibited products are goods or materials that are barred from sale by law, rule, or regulation. Partner services such as payment providers and social media platforms often bar the sale of prohibited products in order to stay compliant with the laws and regulations that govern their platform and/or service. These laws and regulations extend to retailers who use their platform.
As a retailer, you must agree to and abide by a partner's Terms and Conditions in order to stay in good standing with that partner and keep continued access to the services and/or platforms. If you fail to comply, then you could lose the ability to use the partner’s services.
Being compliant helps your business:
- Avoid payment gateway suspension and payout delays.
- Keep your mobile app available for shoppers to download in the Apple and Google Play app stores.
- Protect your social media channel visibility and access.
- Limit interruptions to your daily operations due to partner restrictions and repercussions.
Example Prohibited and Restricted Products
Prohibited and restricted products may differ by payment gateways and social media platforms, but tend to include the following:
- Intimacy products (e.g. adult toys)
- Firearms and weapons of any kind
- THC and THC-related products
- Tobacco BD
- CBD oil and CBD-related products
- Products that infringe on third-party intellectual property rights
Each of our partners maintains their own list of prohibited products and activities. While there is a great deal of overlap between each, we strongly recommend that you review the terms for the specific social media and payment platforms you intend to use to ensure your business stays compliant.
We have included a link to each partner's Terms and Conditions below: