Want to offer products that shoppers can customize or purchase add-ons for? Read on to learn how.
With add-ons, shoppers can add additional elements to a purchased product such as customizations (e.g., monogrammed initials or mascot on a bag, hat, etc.) or gift wrapping (e.g., holiday gift wrap, Mother's Day gift wrap, etc.).
Both regular products and split pay products can include add-ons. Additionally, you can add add-ons to existing products to have the add-on offered moving forward.
Shoppers will select their desired add-on and provide any additional information needed during the checkout process. We'll walk through creating an add-on and what the shopper experiences below.
Create a Product with Add-Ons
- Select Products in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Select Add Product on the right side of the page.
- Enter product details as you usually would, then select the Include Add-Ons checkbox on the right side of the page.
- Select Add Product in the top-right corner of the page.
- Select Edit Add-Ons at the top of the page.
- Select + New Add-On on the right side of the page.
- On the pop-up, complete the following fields:
- Add-On Name. Give your add-on a name, such as Initials or Gift Wrap. This is especially important if you have more than one add-on available. It will allow shoppers to select the correct add-on.
- Price. Enter the additional cost of the add-on. If the add-on is complimentary, you can enter 0.
- Requires Customer Input. Select this checkbox if the customer needs to provide additional information such as the text for a monogram.
- Select Save Add-On in the bottom-right corner of the pop-up.
What Your Shoppers Experience
When a shopper adds an add-on product to their shopping cart, they will have the option to select their desired add-on and enter the required information.
- On the shopper's account page, they will scroll to the Review Cart section.
- They will locate the add-on product and select Add Add-On to the right of the product photo.
- On the pop-up, the shopper will select their desired add-on from the Available Add-Ons drop-down.
- If the add-on requires additional information, then an additional field will appear where the shopper can enter that information.
- The shopper will then select Add in the bottom-right corner of the pop-up.
- The shopper can then proceed with completing the checkout process.
Fulfill an Add-On Order
There is no special fulfillment flow for add-on products, however, you'll want to ensure that a customer receives the correct customized product or add-on. You can view customization details for a specific product by selecting the eye icon to the far right of an order on the Orders/Fulfilment page.
- Add Variant Images to a Product. Learn how to add variant-specific images to a product to allow shoppers to preview different colors, designs, or modeled sizes when they select a specific variant.
- Upload a Product Video. Learn how to include a product video on the product record so shoppers can view the video along with product images.
- Understand a Shopper's Account Page. Walk through the various sections of a shopper's account page, including their cart and checkout flow.