In this article, you'll learn:
- How to check if your shop has access to Facebook Live Shopping.
- How to use Facebook Live Shopping on your shop's page.
About Facebook Live Shopping
Facebook Live Shopping allows businesses to offer a live-streamed shopping experience through their Facebook business page. Shops can feature products, provide product details, and offer purchase options while interacting with their shoppers during a live broadcast.
Unlike live selling with CommentSold, Facebook Live Shopping isn't available to all shops using the platform. Facebook also requires businesses to set up a Facebook shop, which can be a complicated process to complete.
Before You Go Live
Before you can go live using Facebook Live Shopping, you'll need to complete the following tasks:
- Connect a Custom Domain. Your shop will need a custom domain in order to use your CommentSold webstore as the preferred checkout method.
- Set Up a Facebook Shop. Facebook will need to review and approve your shop, so we recommend setting up your Facebook shop well in advance of when you would like to go live using Facebook Live Shopping.
- Create a Facebook Product Catalog. You will need to upload products to your Facebook shop to create a Live Shopping playlist.
- Create a Playlist. Select item(s) you wish to feature in your Live Shopping sale.
- Going Live Using Stream Keys. You will need to use the stream keys option for your live stream. The steps for live shopping will need to be completed before going live on CommentSold.
Check for Facebook Live Shopping Access
At this time, Facebook Live Shopping is only available to some shops. Below, we outline how you can determine whether you have access to Facebook's Live Shopping feature.
- On your shop's Facebook page, locate the Create options and select Live.
- Select + Create New at the bottom of the Go Live section.
- You must perform this step on a desktop computer. This page is not available on mobile devices.
- Look for Live Shopping Dashboard in the side menu.
Go Live with Facebook Live Shopping
If you have access to Facebook's Live Shopping function, then you can use it for live sales. You will also need to use stream keys for a Live Shopping live sale. Learn more about using stream keys here.
- Select Live Shopping dashboard in the side menu of your Facebook Live Producer.
- In the Select a playlist section, select Choose my playlist.
- Select the playlist you wish to use for your Live Shopping live sale, then select Save.
- Follow the steps outlined in our Go Live on Facebook Using Stream Keys to start your live sale.
Once you are live streaming in CommentSold while linked to Facebook, you can go back to your Facebook page and select Feature an Item. Shoppers watching on your Facebook page will see the featured item in the lower-right corner of the live sale feed.
- Going Live on Facebook Using Stream Keys. Learn how to go live on your Facebook page and group using stream keys.
- Getting Started With Mobile Apps on CommentSold. Learn how to set up your own branded mobile app with CommentSold.
- Facebook Ads with CommentSold. Learn everything you need to know to run Facebook Ads with CommentSold.