In this article, you'll learn:
- Which image formats CommentSold accepts.
- Recommended image sizes for the various images you can upload to your webstore.
About Image Dimensions and Formats
Your CommentSold webstore allows for several different images, from header images to promotional blocks to slideshows. Since each of these elements will appear differently on the webstore, they each have their own sizing recommendations.
Regardless of the element, all images must be in .JPG or .PNG format. We recommend keeping images around 1MB or less as large files can negatively impact your webstore's load time.
How Webstore Images Benefit Your Business
- Use images to highlight unique collections, promotions, your mobile app, and more.
- Create branded images to add more of your shop's personality to your webstore.
- Create visuals that link shoppers directly to collections, webstore pages, or external links (e.g., your social accounts, etc.).
Recommended Image Dimensions
The table below outlines the various types of images that can appear on your webstore, as well as our general recommendations for image dimensions:
|Image Type||Recommended Image Dimensions|
|Store Logo||1000 px width / 500 px height minimum|
|Slideshow Images (formerly Banners)||2000 px width / 1000 px height minimum|
|Promotional Block Images (formerly Adverts)||
Square Images: 410 px width / 410 px height minimum
Rectangular Images: 410 px width / 615 px height minimum
|Product Images||630 px width / 940 px height minimum|
- Add a Featured Image to Your Webstore. Learn how to add a featured image widget to your webstore and upload images.
- Add a Promotional Block to Your Webstore. Learn how to add a promotional block widget to your webstore, upload an image, and customize copy.
- Add a Slideshow to Your Webstore. Learn how to add an engaging slideshow widget to your webstore, upload images, and link slides to collections, pages, or external links.