In this article, you'll learn:
- How to enable variant tracking in Square.
- How to connect your Square account to CommentSold and sync products.
About Square POS and CommentSold
CommentSold's integration with Square allows shops to take advantage of CommentSold's powerful live selling, mobile app, and automated invoicing features while still managing their store on Square.
Only shops new to CommentSold who use Square as their primary platform for inventory and sales can connect their Square POS to CommentSold.
Once you sync your Square account, CommentSold pulls the following data for a product:
- Variants (e.g., size, color, etc.)
- Retail price
CommentSold does not sync the following from your Square inventory:
- Any items with incomplete variants (i.e., if the item has size and color options but a variant has only size without a color)
- Appointment services and gift cards
- Items with any variants of non-US currency
- Items with any variants without a fixed price
- Items with any variants not sold per unit
- Items without tracked inventory counts
- Deleted inventory
- Items unavailable at the set location
- Items with no variants or all deleted variants
- Items where all variants are unavailable at the set location
- Item weight
- Item cost
Step 1: Enable Variant Tracking on Square POS
Before you create a shop in CommentSold and start your free trial, ensure that you've enabled inventory tracking for every variant you wish to sync to CommentSold. An item can have multiple variants such as size, color, design, material, etc.
- In your Item Library, locate and select the item you wish to sync.
- Under Variations on the Edit Variation pop-up, select the hyperlinked Stock amount.
- Ensure the Tracking toggle is enabled.
- Select Done to update the tracking status.
Step 2: Download CommentSold and Start Your Free Trial
Once you have enabled tracking for the variants you wish to sync, head to the Square App Marketplace to download CommentSold, create your shop, and start your free trial.
- If you haven't already, log into your Square account via the Square App Marketplace.
- Enter CommentSold in the search field, then select Search.
- Select CommentSold from the search results.
- Select Get Started in the top-right corner of the CommentSold app page.
- Square will redirect you to the CommentSold + Square partnership page. Select Request Free Trial.
From here, you'll complete the shop registration process. CommentSold will ask you to provide details about your shop, contact information, your preferred shop name, and your preferred CommentSold plan.
Before finalizing, you'll review the terms of your free 30-day trial and CommentSold will ask you to enter your credit card information. CommentSold will not charge you until your free trial ends.
Step 3: Enable Square in CommentSold
Once you have downloaded CommentSold for Square, created your CommentSold shop, and started your free trial, you can connect Square to CommentSold.
- Select Setup in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Select Square from the options listed at the top of the page.
- Select Connect Square.
- Log into Square using your account credentials.
- Review Square permissions, then select Allow at the bottom of the page.
- Back in CommentSold, select your shop from the Location ID drop-down, then select Update Configuration.
- In the Square Pay section, select Enable Payments.
Step 4: Sync Products to CommentSold
During the process of connecting your Square account in CommentSold, you'll sync your products. This is an automatic process that will begin once CommentSold successfully connects with your Square account.
You can view the progress of the process in the Square Sync section. This process may take a few minutes depending on the number of items you wish to sync.
Once the sync process is complete, you'll see a Product Synced message along with the total number of products synced. If you wish to ever re-sync your Square products, select Re-sync Square Catalog.
Step 5: Enable Avalara
Once you have connected CommentSold with Square and synced products, you will need to enable Avalara. Avalara is a software solution that automates tax compliance for retailers, simplifying sales tax calculations for all 50 states.
Learn how to set up Avalara here.
- Set Up and Use Avalara. Learn how to enable and set up your Avalara account in CommentSold.
- Going Live with CommentSold. Learn how to start a live sale via CommentSold and broadcast it to multiple platforms.
- Connect Your Facebook Account. Learn how to connect your Facebook account, page, group, and Messenger in order to take advantage of social selling and Messenger notifications.