Create a custom audience in Ads Manager to serve paid ads to users who have engaged with your Instagram account.
Once you build an engagement-based audience in Ads Manager, you can create paid ads that specifically target users who have interacted with your shop’s Instagram account. This strategy is an excellent way to remarket your products to people who have already shown an interest in your brand, and, as a result, are more likely to buy from you!
Before you run these ads, you’ll need to set up this audience in Ads Manager. We’ll show you how.
To create an Engagement Custom Audience from people who interact with your Instagram Business Account:
- Log into Ads Manager and navigate to Audiences.
- Click Create Audience > Custom Audience.
- Select Instagram account for your Custom Audience Source, then click Next.
- In the next window, you will need to fill out some information, starting with Source. Select the Instagram Business page you want to use for your audience from the drop-down menu.
- Under Events, select Everyone who engaged with this professional account.
There are additional events you can select to expand or narrow down your desired audience. To add additional events, click Include More People and select another event.
- Under Retention, add the number of days you want to include when finding people who have engaged with your account. Typically, this is a maximum of 365 days.
The number of days is dynamic and indicates how long people who’ve engaged with your content will remain in your audience.
- Add an audience name and an optional description.
- Select Create Audience.
Now your audience is ready to be used as targeting within Facebook and Instagram Ads.