In this article, you'll learn:
- How to add a slideshow to your webstore homepage.
- How to customize your slideshow by adding images, links, and text.
A slideshow allows shops to feature full-width image panels in a specific order. Shops can fully brand panels to include product photos, branded colors, and text or use CommentSold to add text and buttons.
Shops often include slideshows at the top of their webstore and use the different panels to feature their app, a sale, a new collection, social accounts, and more.
How a Slideshow Benefits Your Shop
- Use slideshow panels to highlight unique collections, promotions, your mobile app, and more.
- Easily link shoppers directly to collections, webstore pages, or external links (e.g., your social accounts, etc.)
- Create branded images to add more of your shop's personality to your webstore.
Add a Slideshow to Your Webstore Homepage
You can display multiple full-width banners on your webstore by adding a slideshow section to your homepage.
- Select Webstore Design in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- In the Home Page Sections section on the left side of the page, select + Add Section.
- Select Slideshow. While the page will automatically refresh, it will not display the new section until you have added images, text, and/or links.
- If you wish to move the slideshow section to a different location on your homepage, then drag and drop the section in the Home Page Sections section on the left side of the page.
Customize Your Slideshow
Once you have added a slideshow section, you can customize it. This includes adding images, text, and internal or external links.
- To edit your slideshow, select the pencil icon on the right side of the homepage section you just added.
- In the Slideshow Content section, give your slideshow a Title.
- This name appears in your main design menu to help you differentiate this slideshow from others you might've added to your homepage.
- In the Slideshow Controls section, choose whether to enable autoplay. This will automatically advance your slideshow panels.
- Select the Disabled/Enabled toggle so it appears as Enabled.
- Select your desired Autoplay Speed.
- Select + Add to add a slideshow panel.
- In the Edit Slideshow section, select Upload Image or Image Library to add an image to your panel. Image Library pulls from existing images in your store.
- Recommended image size for slideshow images is 2,000px width x 1,000px height minimum.
- You can upload different images for the desktop and mobile browser views, or select the Same as desktop toggle to use the same image for both views.
- In the Manage Link section, select whether to add an Internal or External Link. Links are optional.
- For Internal Link, you can choose to link the panel to either a webstore page or collection. Select Create new page or collection to create either on-the-fly.
- You can design and upload a panel image that includes branded text, or you can enter Title Text, Subtitle Text, and Button Text in CommentSold. If you are using an image with text, you'll want to leave these fields empty.
- Choose your text Alignment (Left vs. Right).
- Choose your Text Color. You can enter an exact hex code or select the field to access a color picker.
- Select Done at the top of the side menu.
You can repeat these steps to add additional panels to your slideshow. When you are ready to publish your slideshow to your webstore, select Publish in the top-right corner of the page.
- Manage Webstore Content. Learn how to add new collections and pages to your CommentSold webstore.
- Add a Live Sale Replay to Your Webstore. Learn how to feature Live Sale replays on your webstore homepage and navigation menu.
- Connect Your Custom Domain with CommentSold. Learn how to connect your webstore to your custom domain so shoppers can view your webstore using a branded URL.