In this article, you'll learn:
- How to add a featured image to your webstore homepage.
- How to customize how a featured image and text appear on your homepage.
About Featured Images
A featured image allows shops to highlight a specific collection, product, or page by displaying an image and accompanying text side-by-side.
Shops can upload a branded image or product photo, add a customized message, and insert a linked button that will direct shoppers to a collection, page, or external site (i.e., a social media account).
How a Featured Image Benefits Your Shop
- Use a featured image to highlight unique collections, promotions, your mobile app, and more.
- Easily link shoppers directly to collections, webstore pages, or external links (e.g., your social accounts, etc.)
- Create branded images to add more of your shop's personality to your webstore.
Add a Featured Image to Your Webstore
You can display a featured image and accompanying text by adding an 'image with text' section to your webstore homepage.
- Select Webstore Design in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- In the Home Page Sections section on the left side of the page, select + Add Section.
- Select Image With Text. While the page will automatically refresh, it will not display the new section until you have added that image, text, and/or button.
- If you wish to move the image section to a different location on your homepage, you can drag and drop it within the Home Page Sections section on the left side of the page.
Customize Your Homepage Image and Text
Once you have added an 'image with text' section, you can customize it. This includes selecting your image, adding text and/or linked button, and choosing how the image and text displays.
- To edit your featured image, select the pencil icon on the right side of the section you just added.
- In the Image with Text section, select the pencil icon on the right side of the first box to add your image.
- Select Upload Image or Image Library to add an image to your panel. Image Library pulls from existing images in your store.
- Select Done.
- Enter a Title in the field provided. This will serve as the bolded heading for the accompanying text. Once entered, the page will refresh to display your title.
- Enter Text in the field provided. This will serve as the body of your text. Once entered, the page will refresh to display your text.
- In the Add Link section, select whether to add an Internal or External Link. Links are optional.
- For Internal Link, you can choose to link either a webstore page or collection. Select Create new page or collection to create either on-the-fly.
- Enter the Button Text. This text will appear on the linkable button. Once entered, the page will refresh to display the button.
- In the Layout Controls section, choose your layout ratio and alignment.
- The Layout Ratio will determine how the image and text share the width of the page.
- The Image Placement will determine whether your image appears on the left side of the page (with text on the right) or on the right side of the page (with text on the left).
- Select Publish in the top-right corner of the page to publish your changes to your webstore.
- Manage Webstore Content. Learn how to add new collections and pages to your CommentSold webstore.
- Add a Live Sale Replay to Your Webstore. Learn how to feature Live Sale replays on your webstore homepage and navigation menu.
- Connect Your Custom Domain with CommentSold. Learn how to connect your webstore to your custom domain so shoppers can view your webstore using a branded URL.