In this article, you'll learn:
- How to add a header block to your webstore homepage.
About Heading Blocks
A heading block allows shops to add a block of text to their webstore homepage. Headings help structure a webstore home page and make content easier for shoppers (and search engines like Google) to read.
For example, a shop can add a heading block at the top of their webstore with a welcome message for shoppers. In this message, the shop can give a brief description of what they sell, their mission, and more. Shoppers know right away what the shop is about and search engines can pick up on keywords that will help the shop appear in Google searches for potential shoppers.
How a Heading Blocks Benefit Your Shop
- Add a welcome or thank you message to your homepage or give shoppers additional important information.
- Craft a message that includes keywords, brands, etc. that search engines can read and use to bring new shoppers to your webstore.
Add a Heading Block to Your Webstore
- Select Webstore Design in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- In the Home Page Sections section on the left side of the page, select + Add Section.
- Select Heading Block.
- If you wish to move the heading block section to a different location on your homepage, you can drag and drop it within the Home Page Sections section on the left side of the page.
Customize Your Heading Block
Once you have added a heading block section, you can customize it. This includes adding text and a linked button.
- To edit your heading block, select the pencil icon on the right side of the section you just added.
- Enter a Title in the field provided. This will serve as the bolded heading or title for your message.
- Enter Content in the field provided. This will serve as the body of your message. Once entered, the page will refresh to display your text.
- You can customize your message using the toolbar at the top of the field. Options include bolding text, italicizing text, underlining text, striking through text, and adding links to your text.
- You can use the Normal drop-down to select different size options for your text. Highlight text to apply sizing changes to specific sections of text.
- In the Add Link section, select whether to add an Internal or External Link. Links are optional.
- For Internal Link, you can choose to link either a webstore page or collection. Select Create new page or collection to create either on-the-fly.
- Enter the Button Text. This text will appear on the linkable button.
- Select Publish in the top-right corner of the page to publish your changes to your webstore.
- Manage Webstore Content. Learn how to add new collections and pages to your CommentSold webstore.
- Add a Live Sale Replay to Your Webstore. Learn how to feature Live Sale replays on your webstore homepage and navigation menu.
- Connect Your Custom Domain with CommentSold. Learn how to connect your webstore to your custom domain so shoppers can view your webstore using a branded URL.