In this article, you'll learn:
- How to add a promotional block to your webstore homepage.
- How to customize different promotional blocks with images and links.
About Promotional Blocks
A promotional block allows shops to feature branded images that link to specific collections, webstore pages, or external links.
Shops often use promotional blocks to create branded image links to collections that they offer. This allows shoppers to quickly jump to a collection (e.g., dresses, new arrivals, denim, etc.) from the webstore homepage rather than clicking through the navigation menu at the top of the page.
How a Promotional Block Benefits Your Shop
- Easily link shoppers directly to collections, webstore pages, or external links (e.g., your social accounts, etc.)
- Create branded images to add more of your shop's personality to your webstore.
Add a Promotional Block to Your Webstore
- Select Webstore Design in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- In the Home Page Sections section on the left side of the page, select + Add Section.
- Select Promotional Block.
- If you wish to move the promotional block section to a different location on your homepage, you can drag and drop it within the Home Page Sections section on the left side of the page.
Customize Your Promotional Block
Once you have added a promotional block section, you can customize it. This includes adding image blocks and linking those blocks to pages or collections in your webstore.
- To edit your promotional block, select the pencil icon on the right side of the section you just added.
- In the Promotional Block section, enter a Title in the field provided. This will serve as the bolded heading for your promotional block.
- Select + Add to add a block.
- In the Edit Advert section, select Upload Image or Image Library to add a cover image to your block. Image Library pulls from existing images in your store.
Promotional blocks can feature square or rectangular images. Recommended image size for square images is 410px width x 410px height minimum. Recommended image size for rectangular images is 410px width x 615px height minimum.
- Add an Advert Title. This title appears beneath the specific promotional block.
- In the Manage Link section, select whether to add an Internal or External Link. Links are optional.
- For Internal Link, you can choose to link the block to either a webstore page or collection. Select Create new page or collection to create either on-the-fly.
- Select Done at the top of the side menu.
- Repeat these steps to add additional promotional blocks.
- In the Layout Controls section, select how you wish for the promotional blocks to display.
- Choose your desired Image Aspect Ratio.
- Select Publish in the top-right corner of the page to publish the changes to your webstore.
- Manage Webstore Content. Learn how to add new collections and pages to your CommentSold webstore.
- Add a Live Sale Replay to Your Webstore. Learn how to feature Live Sale replays on your webstore homepage and navigation menu.
- Connect Your Custom Domain with CommentSold. Learn how to connect your webstore to your custom domain so shoppers can view your webstore using a branded URL.