In this article, you'll learn:
- How to create a Facebook test group.
- How to connect your Facebook test group to CommentSold.
About a Facebook Test Group
A Facebook test group gives retailers an opportunity to test out CommentSold social selling features in a controlled space that isn't accessible to shoppers.
It's perfect for retailers who want to try out shoppable posts and/or live selling for the first time, and retailers who want to experiment with different types of posts and media before posting to their live page or group(s).
How a Facebook Test Group Benefits Your Business
- Test out linking products and/or product selections in your test group before posting to your live group.
- Experiment with different posts, graphics, and more so you feel confident about how it looks before you post to your live group.
- Pre-record live sales using your test group, download the video, and schedule it to post to your live Facebook group and/or page when your business is busy, closed, or you're away on vacation.
Create Your Facebook Test Group
- Select + Create New Group in the side menu of your Groups page.
- On the Create Group page, complete the following:
- Group Name. Include "TEST" in your group name to distinguish it from other groups linked to your CommentSold account.
- Choose Privacy. Select Private to keep shoppers from accidentally joining your test group.
- Hide Group. Select Hidden to prevent your test group from showing up in searches.
- Select Create.
- On your new test group page, locate and select Group Settings at the bottom of the side menu.
- Locate and select Apps at the bottom of the settings page, then select Add apps at the bottom of the pop-up.
- Search for CommentSold using the search field in the top-left corner of the page.
- Select CommentSold, then select Add.
Connect Your Facebook Test Group in CommentSold
- Select Social Setup in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Select Facebook Groups from the menu at the top of the page.
- Locate your test group in the Groups section and select Enable Group.
- Don't see your test group? Select Re-Connect Facebook to refresh your connection.
- Pre-Record a Live Sale for Your Facebook Page or Group. Learn how to pre-record a live sale using your test Facebook group so you can "go live" when you're busy or on vacation.
- Post Products to Facebook. Learn the various ways you can post items for sale on your Facebook page and group.
- Create a Shop the Look Video Post. Learn how to feature and sell multiple items on Facebook using product selections.