Click on any of the images or GIFs in this article for a closer look.
In this article, you'll learn:
- How shoppers can apply a coupon code to a purchase.
About Coupon Codes
A coupon code, also referred to as a promo code or discount code, are alpha-numeric codes that shoppers can enter during the checkout process to save money on an order. Coupons are also a great way to get shoppers interested in checking out what your shop has to offer.
Shoppers cannot use a coupon code to purchase gift cards, nor can they apply more than one coupon code to a purchase.
How Coupon Codes Benefit Your Shoppers
- Shoppers can save on impulse orders, long-awaited orders, and more.
- Shoppers feel good about their purchase—like they got the best deal.
- First-time shoppers can try a product from a new shop with less financial risk.
Apply a Coupon Code
Shoppers can apply a coupon code during the checkout process on a webstore, their account page, and a mobile app.
- Once the shopper is ready to check out, they can select Add Code at the top of the cart Summary.
- The recipient can enter the coupon code in the Coupon or Gift Card field, then select Apply.
- CommentSold will display a message in the bottom-left corner of the page that lets the recipient know whether the gift card was applied successfully.
- Once applied, the shopper's summary should display the coupon code and corresponding adjustment.
- Once the shopper is ready to check out, they can tap the Gift Card/Coupon link toward the bottom of their checkout summary.
- The recipient can enter the coupon code in the Gift Card or Coupon field, then tap Apply.
- Once applied, the shopper's checkout summary should display the coupon code and corresponding adjustment.
- Create a Coupon Code. Learn how to create a BOGO coupon, a dollar amount discount coupon, a percent off discount coupon, or a free shipping coupon.