Want to create highly-targeted TikTok ads based on shopper activity? You'll need to install a TikTok Pixel to do it! Tik Tok
A TikTok Pixel collects data on conversions from TikTok ads and actions taken on your website (e.g., product views, product added to cart, etc.). You can use this data to build targeted audiences for future ads, such as retargeting ads for shoppers who have visited your webstore but haven't made a purchase.
All you need to get started is a TikTok Ads Manager account. You can set one up here.
Create a TikTok Pixel
You will create your TikTok Pixel in your TikTok Ads Manager account.
Access TikTok Web Events
- Select Assets at the top of your TikTok Ads Manager dashboard.
- Choose Events from the drop-down list.
- Locate the Web Events section and select Manage.
Create a TikTok Pixel
- On the Pixel page, select Create Pixel.
- On the Set Up Web Events pop-up, complete the following:
- Pixel Name. Give this Pixel a name. We recommend CommentSold so you know the pixel is related to your business website.
- Connection Method. Select TikTok Pixel.
- Select Next in the bottom-right corner of the pop-up.
- On the next pop-up page, select Manually Install Pixel Code, then select Next in the bottom-right corner.
- On the next pop-up page, select Custom Code, then select Next in the bottom-right corner.
Complete TikTok Pixel Setup
- In the Manage Cookies section, ensure the Allow first-party cookies toggle is enabled.
- Select Next in the bottom-right corner of the page.
- If desired, select Install in the Pixel Helper section. Learn more about the TikTok Pixel here.
- Select Complete Setup in the bottom-right corner of the page.
Add Your TikTok Pixel to Your Website
Once you've created your TikTok Pixel, you'll need to copy your Pixel ID. This can be found in your TikTok Ads Manger.
Once you've copied your Pixel ID, you can proceed with adding the ID to your CommentSold website.
- Select Site Creator in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Select Settings at the top of your Site Creator.
- Select and expand the Marketing section in the side menu of the Site Creator.
- Select Ad Conversion Channels.
- Select TikTok.
- Select and expand the TikTok Pixel ID section.
- Paste your Pixel ID in the field provided.
- Select Update.