In this article, you'll learn:
- How to connect your ShipStation and CommentSold accounts.
- How to enable CommentSold settings for the ShipStation integration.
ShipStation is a web-based shipping platform that helps retailers manage small parcel shipping and e-commerce fulfillment. ShipStation offers a wide variety of different shipping and packaging options, so some retailers will choose ShipStation to buy, print, and manage shipping labels.
With CommentSold's ShipStation integration, orders from CommentSold will pass through to ShipStation, where you can manage the entire shipping label creation and fulfillment process.
How ShipStation Benefits Your Business
- Fully brand your shipping process, from labels to tracking emails and landing pages.
- Choose from a variety of carrier services.
Locate ShipStation API Keys
- Select the gear icon in the top-right corner of your ShipStation dashboard.
- Select the Account drop-down on the left side of the page, then select API Settings.
- In the API Keys section, select Generate API Keys.
- Copy or write down your API Key and API Secret–you'll need to enter both in CommentSold.
Enter API Keys in CommentSold
- Select Setup in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Select Shipping from the menu at the top of the page, then select ShipStation.
- Paste or enter your ShipStation API Key and API Secret in the corresponding fields.
- Select Update API Keys.
You're now ready to ship with ShipStation! Moving forward, any orders placed via CommentSold will sync to your ShipStation account. If any customers have placed orders before this integration, you would need to enter those orders in ShipStation manually.
Configure ShipStation Settings in CommentSold
- Sync Local Pickup Orders. Enable to sync local pickup orders to your ShipStation account. This might be helpful when running reporting in ShipStation.
- Fulfillment Notifications. Enable to send email and Messenger notifications via CommentSold to opted-in customers. Notifications let customers know your shop fulfilled their order and that it will ship soon.
- Receive an Email when an order fails to sync with ShipStation. Enable to receive an email whenever an order fails to sync with ShipStation. Emails send to the email address set for your account.
- Set Up Shipping Through CommentSold. Learn how to set shipping costs and configure international and free shipping options.
- Manage Existing Products. Learn how to make changes such as adding a custom shipping price to an existing product.
- Offer Local Pickup. Learn how to enable local pickup as a shipping option and offer pickup at multiple locations.