Want to make it easy for your shoppers and website visitors to browse your products and collections? Read on to learn to design an effective navigation menu.
Your navigation menu plays a crucial role in a positive shopper experience as it helps shoppers find links to a retailer's most important pages and product collections on their webstore.
With Site Creator, you have complete control over the design of your navigation menu. You can choose the order of pages and collections and can even nest pages and collections to create a more streamlined navigation experience.
Create a Navigation Menu
Add Pages and Links
- Select Site Creator in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Select Navigation from the options listed at the top of the page.
- Using the Add Link section, choose whether to add an existing page or an external link.
- Page. Use the drop-down list to select an existing page or collection.
- External Link. Enter the Title, or how you wish the link name to appear, and the URL for the link.
- If adding an external link, select Add. Existing Site Creator pages automatically appear in the Main Navigation section.
- In the Navigation Order section, drag and drop pages, collections, and links to your preferred order.
Nest and Reorder Pages and Links
- Select the three-dot icon on the far right of the page row.
- Select Nest Above or Nest Below to nest the selected page within the page above or below. For example, nesting Tops and Bottoms within the Clothing page.
- Drag and drop a page or external link to change where it appears in the navigation.
Your site preview will update to reflect the changes to your navigation menu. When you are satisfied with your menu, select Publish in the top-right corner of the Site Creator to save your navigation menu.
- Add a Category to New and Existing Products. Learn how you can assign a category to new products and edit or assign a category to multiple products at once.
- Design a Content Page. Learn how to create a content or collection page and add different widgets, like Live Replays, Product Grids, and more.
- Customize Your Website Footer Menu. Learn how to customize the footer of your website.
- Add a "Shop All" Option to Your Website Navigation Menu. Learn how to add a menu option that showcases all product categories and nested categories available.