Ready to sell products on TikTok? Before you do, make sure you review and understand TikTok’s Return Policy.
If you sell on TikTok, then you must follow TikTok’s return policy for those orders placed via TikTok (even if these policies differ from the one you set for your orders placed via your webstore, mobile app, etc). This is a requirement for all merchants who sell via TikTok.
Not adhering to this policy can negatively impact your Seller Score.
We walk through the policy below, but you can review TikTok’s official in-depth policy documentation here.
Return Window for TikTok Orders
- A customer has 30 days from the date of delivery to request a return or refund.
- In addition to those 30 days, a customer can request a return or refund under TikTok’s Buyer Protection Program within 90 calendar days of the date of delivery.
Return Reasons for TikTok Orders
Customers who placed an order via TikTok can request a return for the following reasons:
- The wrong product, or a product with missing parts or accessories, was delivered.
- The product is not in compliance with the contract of sale.
- The product is incomplete, defective, damaged, or in otherwise unacceptable condition.
- The product does not match the description provided at the time of purchase.
- The customer changed their mind about the purchase.
- The seller did not fulfill their delivery commitments (such as delayed shipping or delayed delivery).
Requirements for Partial and Full Returns
At this time, TikTok does not allow for the processing of partial returns. This means that if a customer wants to return one product in an order of three products, they will need to return all three products.
This policy may change in the future as TikTok continues developing the TikTok Shops product.
Requirements for Handling a Return
You will be alerted to all TikTok Return requests via a banner at the top of your CommentSold dashboard.
- You must respond to all return requests within 48 hours of submission. Any unaddressed requests will be automatically approved by TikTok.
- Refunds must be issued within 5 business days and the refund amount must include the purchase price, as well as shipping, handling, and taxes.