Click on any of the images or GIFs in this article for a closer look.
In this article, you'll learn:
- How to run the Sell-Through Report.
About the Sell-Through Report
The Sell-Through Report helps retailers identify which posted products deliver strong ROI (return on investment) for their business.
CommentSold organizes this report by sizes, brands, and collections, giving retailers an opportunity to view inventory movement from multiple angles and better plan future purchasing decisions.
- Size. View which sizes are in demand. For example, if you sell through your plus sizes consistently, you might consider ordering more in the future or offering these sizes with different styles.
- Brands. View which brands have a higher sell-through rate. These are the brands your customers love. Develop a good relationship with your vendor and consider bringing in new styles from the brands.
- Collection. View which collections have a higher sell-through rate. For example, maybe your denim collection goes fast. Can you pair denim with a lower-selling collection (e.g., tops, outwear, shoes, etc.) in a "shop the look" style post to entice customers to purchase an ensemble?
How the Sell-Through Report Benefits Your Business
- Identify which brands, sizes, and collections are most in-demand from your customer base.
- Use sell-through rates to inform future purchases from specific brands and sizing groups.
- Determine which products might not be a good fit for your business and strategize to move the remaining inventory.
Run a Sell-Through Report
- Select Reporting in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Select Sell Through from the report options listed at the top of the page.
- Choose Sizes, Brands, or Collections to change the grouping of products on the report.
- Define your Start Date and End Date in the fields provided, then select the Most Recent Post Date Range button.
- Select column headers to reorder rows in ascending or descending order.
- Select Export to CSV to export report details to a spreadsheet.
Examine the Sell-Through Report
Note: The above screenshot shows the Sell-Through Report grouped by brands.
- Quantity Sold. Displays the number of product units sold in the corresponding size, brand, or collection for the date range you defined.
- Quantity in Stock. Displays the number of product units currently in stock for the corresponding size, brand, or collection for the date range you defined.
- Potential Revenue from Posted Items. Displays the revenue generated if all items posted in the size, brand, or collection in the defined date range sold. Potential Revenue is based on a product's retail value and does not consider the sale price.
- Realized Revenue. Displays the total revenue earned from products sold in the corresponding size, brand, or collection for the defined date range.
- Margin. Displays the profit margin percentage for products sold in the defined date range. We calculate margin as (price at which products sold) / (cost of the product).
- Sell Through %. Displays the percentage of the corresponding size, brand, or collection that you've sold in the defined date range. We calculate the sell-through rate as (quantity sold) / (total quantity in stock). Sell-through rates of 60% or higher are great, whereas 50% or less might indicate a poor fit for your business and customer base.
- Create a Mystery Item. Learn how to create mystery items that shoppers can place in their cart and unbox at home.
- Enable Secondary Offer to Upsell Items at Checkout. Learn how to configure your Secondary Offer setting to offer a discounted item during a shopper's checkout experience.