In this article, you'll learn:
- How to create a product catalog on Facebook.
- How to automatically upload items by connecting your CommentSold shop to Facebook.
- How to schedule a recurring update so that your product catalog is always up-to-date.
About Facebook Product Catalogs
A Facebook product catalog is a digital folder that you can fill with products you wish to advertise on Facebook and Instagram.
With a product catalog, you can easily tag products in posts and videos, which enables followers to "shop the post" or "shop the video" by simply selecting the tagged item(s).
CommentSold can seamlessly push your products into your catalog and keep your inventory up-to-date. This saves you from having to manually upload each product and add or remove products as your inventory changes.
How a Facebook Product Catalog Benefits Your Shop
- Have CommentSold seamlessly push your products into your catalog and keep your inventory automatically up-to-date.
- Run a variety of different ad formats to boost traffic to your store and help increase sales.
- Tag items in featured posts or videos to make it easy for followers to shop.
Before you can create a Facebook product catalog, you'll need to complete the following:
- Connect a Custom Domain. Your shop will need a custom domain in order to use product tagging on Facebook and Instagram.
- Create a Facebook Page. Your shop will need its own Facebook page if you haven't already created one.
- Create a Business Manager Account. You'll need this in order to assign your catalog to your shop. Make sure you give yourself admin access.
- Review Product Catalog Terms. When you create a Facebook product catalog, you agree to abide by Facebook Advertising and Commerce Policies. We encourage you to review these policies to ensure you adhere to them.
Step 1: Create a Product Catalog
Your first step will be creating your catalog and choosing the catalog type.
- Navigate to your Commerce Manager page from your Facebook Business Manager.
- Under the Catalogs section, select + Add catalog.
- At the top of the following page, select Ecommerce as your catalog type, then select Next.
- For your settings, select Upload Product Info as your preferred upload method.
- Under Catalog Owner, ensure you've selected your Business Manager account. Your Catalog Name is optional.
- Select Create.
- Once Facebook creates your catalog, select View Catalog.
Step 2: Copy Your Facebook Catalog URL
Your second step will be copying your Facebook Catalog URL in CommentSold. You'll need this URL in order to automatically update the items in your catalog.
- Select Webstore Content in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Select Preferences from the options listed at the top of the page.
- Locate the Facebook Catalog URL section and select the green Copy URL button to copy your catalog URL. You'll need to paste this into Facebook in the next step.
Step 3: Connect Your Catalog and Schedule a Recurring Update
Your last step will be entering your Facebook Catalog URL in Facebook and scheduling how often you wish for Facebook to update your catalog.
- Select Add Items in the top-right corner of your Product Catalog Overview.
- You are presented with several options for adding items. Select Data Feed and then select Next.
- When asked Is your spreadsheet or file ready?, select Yes and then select Next.
- On the next page, select Use a URL and then paste the Facebook Catalog URL you copied from CommentSold in the field provided.
- You do not need to enter in login credentials if prompted.
- Select Next.
- On the next page, you can tell Facebook how frequently to update your catalog.
- Choose from Hourly, Daily, or Weekly.
- The option you choose will determine which additional details you need to fill out. As an example, for Daily, Facebook will ask for a specific time of day when you'd like it to update.
- Select Next.
- Review your details, then select Next. If you need to make edits, you can do so by selecting the pencil icon.
- Finally, select Upload.
Facebook will automatically start uploading your items to your product catalog. You can view the upload progress from the current screen. Once the initial upload is complete, you will be able to connect your catalog to advertisements or use it in product tagging.
- Connect a Custom Domain. Learn how to connect your custom domain in CommentSold so you can use your product catalog to tag products on Facebook and Instagram.
- Run Facebook Ads with CommentSold. Learn everything you need to know to run Facebook Ads with CommentSold.
- Use Deep Linking for Facebook Catalog Ads. Learn how to drive engaged customers to products in their app directly from ad links with deep linking.