Ready to offer your shoppers new and exciting products using our dropship program, risk-free? Read on to learn how to order your product samples!
With CommentSold Dropship, you can partner with nationally-recognized brands to offer your shoppers new and exciting products. You can purchase samples for the products you wish to feature and sell in your live sales and shoppable social posts. If you do not wish to purchase product samples, you can still proceed with requesting a dropship allocation. Learn more here.
When you purchase a dropship allocation and sample(s), the following happens:
- CommentSold will copy the product details, images, and information into a new product record on your Products page.
- You'll be given a specific amount of inventory units (e.g., 30 scarves, 12 candles, 40 t-shirts, etc.) to sell, also known as your allocation quantity.
- Your allocation window will begin. This is the 3-week window where you can sell the product in live sales and shoppable social posts.
Request a Product Allocation with Samples
You can request samples you wish to feature in your live sales and social posts. At this time, you will need to pay for these samples.
- Select Dropship Catalog in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Hover over a product you wish to sell and select View.
- In the Select Your Samples section on the right side of the product details page, select + Add Sample.
- If the product has variants available (e.g., size and color), retailers will need to add the specific variants they wish to receive to their cart.
- You can request multiple variants in your sample. Select Add Another Sample to do so.
- Select Add Samples to My Cart
- To remove a sample, select the X to the far right of the sample box.
- A summary of your shopping cart will appear on the right side of the page. Close out of the summary to continue adding samples, or select Complete Order to submit your sample request.
- To remove a sample from your shopping cart, select the trashcan icon on the far right of the sample product row.
- Confirm your contact information and select Continue to Shipping.
- Review and confirm your shipping details and select Continue to Payment.
- Select your desired payment method, then select Pay Now.
Once you submit a product sample request, CommentSold adds the products included in the request to your inventory.
Publish Your Dropship Products
Once you've received a dropship allocation, you will need to publish or post the product to each sales channel where you plan to sell the product (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, your mobile app, etc.).
- Select Products in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Locate the dropship product you wish to publish, then select the three-dot icon to the far right of the product row.
- Select the sales channel where you wish to publish/post the product:
- Post to Facebook. Craft a Facebook post from within CommentSold and schedule the post for immediate or future posting. Learn more options for posting products to Facebook here.
- Post to Instagram. Craft an Instagram post from within CommentSold and schedule the post for immediate or future posting. Learn more options for posting products to Facebook here.
- Post to App. Craft an in-app post and push notification for immediate or future posting. Learn more options for posting products to your mobile app here.
- Post to Webstore. Immediately publish the product to your website. You can also manage website publication settings on the product record.
Got Questions? We've Got Answers
- What is the cost of my sample?
- A sample costs 70% of the product’s MSRP.
- What is the shipping cost of my sample?
- Shipping is $5 per supplier in your sample order. If you order multiple products from the same supplier, you will only pay the $5 shipping charge once per supplier.
- Do products automatically publish to my website and mobile app?
- Once you order a dropship sample, CommentSold adds the product to your inventory. However, products remain unpublished until you publish them to your website or other channels.
- How can I tell which products are from CommentSold Dropshipping on my Products tab?
- CommentSold Dropship products will have a green Dropship tag beneath the SKU.
- What happens to the unsold allocation?
- After your allocation window ends, any unsold allocation will go back to the supplier and CommentSold will zero out your available inventory. If you have published the product to your website and mobile app, you will need to unpublish the product.
- Can I request additional allocation if I sell all of mine?
- Please contact Chat Support if you need additional allocation. While we cannot ensure every allocation can be restocked, our team will do our best to meet your request.
- Can I extend an allocation?
- Please contact Chat Support if you wish to extend your allocation. While we cannot ensure every allocation can be extended, our team will do our best to meet your request.
- Can I end an allocation early?
- To end a product allocation, you can unpublish the product via the product record page. Should you need to remove the unpublished product from your inventory before the end of the allocation window, please contact Chat Support.
- Request a Dropship Allocation Without Samples. Learn how to request dropship product allocations without purchasing samples from the supplier.
- Navigate Your Dropship Catalog. Familiarize yourself with your Dropship Catalog, including how to browse products and order product samples.
- Edit Retail Price of Dropship Products. Learn how to edit the retail price of dropship products to boost your margins.