Ready to offer your shoppers new and exciting products using our dropship program, risk-free? Read on to learn how to order your product samples!
With CommentSold Dropship, you can partner with global brands to offer your shoppers new and exciting products. You can purchase samples for the products you wish to feature and sell in your live sales and shoppable social posts. If you do not wish to purchase product samples, you can still proceed with adding the product to your inventory. Learn more here.
When you order a dropship product sample, CommentSold will copy the product details, images, and information into a new product record on your Products page. As long as the supplier has available stock, you’ll be able to sell without inventory limitations.
Once you receive your sample(s), you can publish these products to your mobile app and website, and share them on your social accounts. You can also feature dropship products in your live and short-form content.
Order a Product Sample
You can order samples for products you wish to feature in your live sales and social posts. At this time, you will need to pay for these samples.
- Select Dropship Catalog in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Hover over a product you wish to sell and select View.
- In the Order a Product Sample section, select Select Your Samples.
- If the product has variants available (e.g., size and color), retailers will need to add the specific variants they wish to receive to their cart.
- You can request multiple variants in your sample. Select Add Another Sample to do so.
- Select Add Samples to My Cart
- To remove a sample, select the X to the far right of the sample box.
- A summary of your shopping cart will appear on the right side of the page. Close out of the summary to continue adding samples, or select Complete Order to submit your sample request.
- To remove a sample from your shopping cart, select the trashcan icon on the far right of the sample product row.
- Confirm your contact information and select Continue to Shipping.
- Review and confirm your shipping details and select Continue to Payment.
- Select your desired payment method, then select Pay Now.
Once you submit a product sample request, CommentSold adds the products included in the request to your inventory.
Please note that some brand partners will require you purchase a minimum number of samples if ordering from them. You'll see a notification of this requirement in your shopping cart.
Publish Your Dropship Products
Once you've received your samples, you will need to publish or post the product to each sales channel where you plan to sell the product (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, your mobile app, etc.).
- Select Products in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Locate the dropship product you wish to publish, then select the three-dot icon to the far right of the product row.
- Select the sales channel where you wish to publish/post the product:
- Post to Facebook. Craft a Facebook post from within CommentSold and schedule the post for immediate or future posting. Learn more options for posting products to Facebook here.
- Post to Instagram. Craft an Instagram post from within CommentSold and schedule the post for immediate or future posting. Learn more options for posting products to Facebook here.
- Post to App. Craft an in-app post and push notification for immediate or future posting. Learn more options for posting products to your mobile app here.
- Post to Webstore. Immediately publish the product to your website. You can also manage website publication settings on the product record.
Got Questions? We've Got Answers
- What is the cost of my sample?
- A sample costs 70% of the product’s MSRP.
- What is the shipping cost of my sample?
- Shipping is $5 per supplier in your sample order. If you order multiple products from the same supplier, you will only pay the $5 shipping charge once per supplier.
- Do products automatically publish to my website and mobile app?
- Once you order a dropship sample, CommentSold adds the product to your inventory. However, products remain unpublished until you publish them to your website or other channels.
- How can I tell which products are from CommentSold Dropshipping on my Products tab?
- CommentSold Dropship products will have a green Dropship tag beneath the SKU.
- Add a Dropship Product to Your Inventory. Learn how to add dropship products to your inventory without purchasing samples from the supplier.
- Navigate Your Dropship Catalog. Familiarize yourself with your Dropship Catalog, including how to browse products and order product samples.
- Edit Retail Price of Dropship Products. Learn how to edit the retail price of dropship products to boost your margins.