In this article, you'll learn:
- How to process an exchange in CommentSold.
Unlike a return, where a customer is returning a product to a retailer and seeking a refund, an exchange allows a customer to swap their ordered product for a different variant or a similar-priced product. Retailers often outline guidelines for exchanges in their return policy
For example, a customer might exchange a dress they ordered for a larger size or exchange a candle for a picture frame that is the same price. With an exchange, there is no additional payment on the customer's part or refund needed from the retailer.
How Exchanges Benefit Your Business
- Retain revenue for a product since no refund is involved.
- Creating a positive and painless exchange policy can increase a customer's willingness to buy from you again.
Step 1: Locate the Order
The first step in an exchange is to locate the order. You can locate the order record either on the customer record or the Orders page.
- Select Customer in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Locate the customer and select their hyperlinked Name.
- Scroll and locate the Fulfilled Orders section.
- Locate the exchange order and select the hyperlinked Order ID on the far left of the table.
- Select Orders/Fulfillment in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Select the Filters button to launch the Filters pop-up. You can use a combination of the filters listed here to filter the list of orders.
- Use the Search Order field on the far right of the page to search for an order by the order number.
Step 2: Exchange Product and/or Variant
The second step in an exchange is to select the product to be exchanged and the new product and/or variant.
- Once you locate the order, select the Arrow icon at the bottom of the icons that appear on the far right of the order record.
- In the Return - Products in The Order section, select Even Exchange.
- In the Exchange pop-up, complete the following fields:
- Product. Type the name of the requested exchange product. As you type, options appear in a drop-down list. You can select the product once you see it.
- Variant. Select the requested exchange variant from the drop-down.
- If exchanging for a new product, still note the variant you will be sending the customer.
- Notes. Include any notes for the exchange. These will be included in email communication to the customer.
- Also add back to inventory? If you plan to resell the product the customer exchanged, select this checkbox.
- Select Begin Exchange.
The order details will refresh and display the new product and/or variant requested in the exchange.
Step 3: Print a New Shipping Label
The final step in an exchange is to print a new shipping label for the exchanged order.
- On the order record, select the Label icon that appears on the far right side of the page.
- Confirm the details listed.
- Select Create Label.
- CommentSold will ask you to confirm the purchase of a new label.