Have an oversized or unusual product that needs a custom shipping price? No problem. Read on to learn how to set that up!
With CommentSold, you can define a flat shipping fee that will be charged to all orders. However, you can also enable a custom shipping price for those products that cost more (or less) to ship. For example, your oversized and/or heavier products.
When you enable custom shipping, CommentSold will still charge that flat shipping fee unless you have defined a custom shipping price on a product's record.
We walk through both enabling custom shipping and defining a custom shipping price on a product record below.
Enable Custom Shipping Price
- Select Setup in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Select Shipping from the options listed at the top of the page.
- Locate and select the Custom shipping price/product toggle so it appears as Enabled.
Enter Custom Shipping Price on Product Record
You can add a custom shipping price to a product when you are adding a product and after you've added a product.
In the below example, we walk through adding a custom shipping price to a product we've already added. If you are adding a new product, you will still use the Shipping Price field pictured below to set the custom price, then proceed with adding the product.
- Select Products in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Locate and select the Name of the product to which you wish to add a custom shipping price.
- Enter the desired shipping price in the Shipping Price field on the left side of the page.
- Select Update Product in the top-right corner of the page.
- Add Variant Images to a Product. Learn how to assign variant-specific images to a product so they display when a shopper views a variant on your webstore and mobile app.
- Add a Product Category to New and Existing Products. Learn how to add a product category to your new and existing products.
- Create Custom Badges for Mobile App Products. Learn how to create custom badges to draw attention to specific products on your mobile app such as your top picks, must-haves, and last-chance products.