Eager to sell beauty, personal care, and/or packaged foods on TikTok? You'll need to upload the required documentation to ensure approval from TikTok! Tik Tok
TikTok requires that business upload documentation for products belonging to restricted categories within TikTok.
These product categories include:
- Beauty and personal care
- Packaged food and beverage
- Pet food
The restricted product categories listed below are still "invite-only." This means shops must receive permission from TikTok to sell products in these categories:
- Diamonds, gems, and precious stones/metals
- Children’s products
- "Surprise" products (e.g., mystery boxes, surprise trading card packs, etc.)
The two most popular product categories that require documentation are beauty/personal care and packaged food and beverage. We list the required documentation below. You can find requirements for additional product categories here.
|Product Category||Example Products||Required Documentation|
|Beauty and personal care
Beauty and personal care products with drugs/medicinal claims
|Packaged food and beverage||
Upload Required Product Documentation
You will upload documentation on the Edit Media page of a product record. This is the page where you upload images of your product when you are adding a product to CommentSold.
You can upload the following file types: .PNG, .JPG, .JPEG, and .PDF. Products must have at least one (1) image or PDF displaying the requested information. You can upload multiple files, if needed, to account for the required information.
- Navigate to the Edit Media tab of the product record.
- Locate the Manage TikTok Documentation section and select Upload Documentation on the right side of the page.
- Choose the file(s) you wish to upload from your device.
- Accepted file types are .PNG, .JPG, .JPEG, and .PDF
- Complete the remainder of the product.
Once uploaded, the documentation will appear at the bottom of the page. You can use the icons in the top-right corner of the image tile to manage the file. Options include Download and Delete.