Ready to feature and sell your products on TikTok? Read on to learn how you can sync products between CommentSold and TikTok.
Before you can sell your products in shoppable TikToks or on TikTok Live, you’ll need to sync your products. This process is required as TikTok must first ensure your products meet their guidelines, and then approve them for selling.
You can only sync your products after you register your business with TikTok and configure your shipping settings.
How Product Sync Works
For your first product sync, CommentSold will sync your last six (6) months of products. After this initial sync, any product you add to CommentSold that meets the below criteria will automatically sync to TikTok.
In order to sync to TikTok, a product must have:
- Product Name
- Product Description
- Main Image
- Product Category
Additionally, a product must be marked as received. Any product (or product variant) marked as not received will not sync to TikTok.
We recommend you create new products (or sync products) you wish to sell on TikTok 48 hours before you plan to feature them on TikTok. This ensures that TikTok has time to review and approve your products.
A note about synced inventory levels: CommentSold will not sync the total quantity available for a product to TikTok. We call this “Reserved Inventory”, and it functions as an overselling safeguard. Overselling products is particularly painful with TikTok as it can affect your video placement within the TikTok algorithm.
For questions about adjusting your Reserved Inventory, please contact our Support team by selecting the Support button in the bottom-right corner of your CommentSold dashboard.
Before You Sync Your Products
Before you can sync your products, ensure you’ve completed the following tasks:
- Register your business with TikTok. It can take TikTok up to 48 hours to approve your business. This step is required.
- Configure your shipping settings in TikTok. This allows TikTok to know what to charge shoppers for shipping. This step is required.
- Connect your TikTok creator account and TikTok business account in TikTok. TikTok walks through this process here. This step is required.
Step 1: Connect Your TikTok Creator Account
Your first step is to connect your TikTok creator account in CommentSold. This is the account you’ll use to interact with your shoppers and post content (e.g., @peachesandpockets, @shopbluestone, etc.)
- Select Social Setup in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Select TikTok from the options listed at the top of the page.
- Locate and select the Connect TikTok Account drop-down menu, then select Connect.
- On the TikTok login page, select Use phone/email/username.
- Select Log in with email or username above the login fields.
- Enter your Username (e.g., @peachesandpockets, @shopbluestone, etc.) and Password in the corresponding fields.
- Select Log in.
You will be redirected back to your TikTok page in CommentSold. You should a Connected! message well as a green checkmark on the far-right side of the page.
Step 2: Connect Your TikTok Business Account
Your second step is to connect your TikTok business account in CommentSold. This is the account you registered with TikTok using tax documentation.
- On your TikTok page in CommentSold, locate and select the Connect TikTok for Business Account drop-down menu.
- Select Connect.
- On the Authorize page, select North America, then Next for the United States option.
- On the TikTok Seller Center login page, locate Already a merchant? beneath the login fields and select Log in.
- Select Log in with email above the phone number field.
- Enter the Email Address and Password for the business account TikTok approved.
- Select Log In.
You will be redirected back to your TikTok page in CommentSold. You should see your TikTok Shop ID as well as a green checkmark on the far-right side of the page.
Step 3: Sync Products
Your last step is to sync your products from CommentSold to TikTok. This can only be done if you’ve connected your two TikTok accounts via Step 1 and Step 2.
- On your TikTok page in CommentSold, locate and select the Sync Products> drop-down menu.
- Select Sync.
Your products will begin syncing. You will see the message Your Catalog is being synced as well as a progress bar indicating the status of your sync. Once complete, you will see a green checkmark on the far-right side of the page.
View Product Sync History
You can view a log of your past ten (10) product syncs at the bottom of your TikTok page in CommentSold.
- Date. Displays the date and timestamp for the product sync.
- Total Products. Displays the total number of products in CommentSold.
- Exported Attempted. Displays the number of products CommentSold attempted to sync to TikTok.
- Exported Successful. Displays the number of products that successfully synced to TikTok for review and approval.
- Skipped Products. Displays the number of products that did not sync to TikTok for review (i.e., product didn't have the required information, product wasn't marked as received, etc.)
Got Questions? We’ve Got Answers
- Do Shopify products sync to TikTok?
- Shopify products sync over to TikTok; however, you'll need to fulfill orders manually in TikTok as shipping tracking information will not sync from Shopify and this information is required for TikTok orders.
- How do I update the products in my Tiktok Catalog?
- After your initial product sync, changes to existing products or any new products you create will automatically sync to your TikTok catalog.
- How do I remove a product from TikTok?
- You will need to remove the product in TikTok via your TikTok Seller Center.
- TikTok rejected a product. What do I do?
- If the product is prohibited, then the issue cannot be fixed.
- If TikTok rejects a product due to inconsistent information or an incorrect product category, for example, then you can edit the product record in CommentSold. Once edited, the product will automatically resync to TikTok where their team will review it again.
- How do I view and fix my rejected products?
- You can view which products were rejected on your Products page. Look for the red indicator in the Status column. You can select the specific product record to make the necessary changes.
- Additionally, you can log into your TikTok Seller Center to view why TikTok rejected a product so that you can update as needed, then resync.
- Why isn’t my TikTok Catalog updating?
- Ensure that you have your webstore enabled on the Shop tab of your Setup page. You must enable your webstore for your catalog to update to TikTok. Please also note that product details can take up to 3 days to update.
- What if I can’t get some of my products to sync?
- CommentSold dropship items, items without required product details, and items marked "not received" will not sync to TikTok. Please ensure your unsynced products do not fall into any of the above categories. If not, then please reach out to Chat Support for further assistance.
- Why are my inventory levels different in TikTok?
- CommentSold will not sync your total quantity available to TikTok. We call this “Reserved Inventory”, and it functions as an overselling safeguard. Overselling product is particularly painful with TikTok as it can affect your video placement within the TikTok algorithm.
- Why am I receiving the error "The product cannot be delivered to your region"?
- This error indicates an issue within the setup of the shipping templates in your TikTok Seller Center. Select Shipping Options, then verify that Shipped by Seller is set to Preferred and that all of your shipping templates are set to Standard.