In this article, you'll learn:
- How to create a Shop the Look video post.
- How to post a Shop the Look video post to Facebook and mobile app.
- How to remove a Shop the Look video post.
- How shoppers experience a Shop the Look video post.
About Shop the Look
A Shop the Look video post allows your shop to feature up to 10 items in a single video, creating an easier, more engaging shopping experience for your shoppers.
With Shop the Look, shoppers can cart multiple items shown from within a single Shop the Look video post by commenting or selecting the products they want. Shop the Look videos differ from Fit videos because they feature multiple items whereas a Fit video only features a single item.
How Shop the Look Video Posts Benefit Your Shop
- Bundle items that pair well together for easy purchasing of multiple items (e.g. a complete outfit look with accessories, a craft project with all the necessary supplies, or a styled room with decor).
- Feature older inventory items with newer products to show how different items work together and move those older items.
- Encourage impulse purchases with trending items (i.e. Our 10 Best-Selling Gifts, This Season's 10 Hot Stocking Stuffers, 10 Items Every Boho-Chic Room Needs).
Enable Shop the Look Settings
Before you can create a Shop the Look video post, you'll need to enable specific autolinking and mobile settings in CommentSold.
You can enable autolink settings to automate linking products in posts that contain a SKU to corresponding products in CommentSold. This can save your team time if you create multiple posts a day. You always have the option to manually link posts.
- Select Social Setup in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Enable the following settings:
- Autolink to Post. This connects any post on your Facebook page and group containing a SKU (i.e., SKU #A1234) with the corresponding product in CommentSold.
- Post to App on Autolink. This ensures auto-linked Facebook posts are automatically posted to your mobile app.
- Autolink Posts to Product Selections. This connects any post on your Facebook page and groups containing a tagged product selection (i.e., #ShopTheLook1234) with the corresponding product selection in CommentSold.
These mobile settings affect how Shop the Look video posts appear and behave in your branded mobile app.
- Select Mobile App in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Select Settings from the menu options at the top of the page.
- In the Autoplay section on the right side of the page, enable Autoplay Shop the Look Video. This will auto-play Shop the Look videos when a shopper taps into a Shop the Look post in your mobile app. If disabled, a shopper will need to tap the play button to watch the video.
- Locate the Shop the Look section and complete the following actions:
- Shop the Look Default Title. Customize how you wish to refer to your Shop the Look videos (i.e. Get Ready With Me, Shop the Project, or Our Faves).
- Add to Top Menu on App. Enable this setting to create an additional section in the top navigation menu that contains all of your Shop the Look posts. You'll need at least one published Shop the Look post for this section to appear in your mobile app.
Create a Product Selection
You can group the items you wish to feature in your Shop the Look video post in a new product selection. You can include two to 10 items in each look.
- Select Products in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Locate the items you wish to feature in your Shop the Look video and select the checkbox to the left of each product.
- At the top of the product listing, select the green Selected drop-down.
- Select Create a Product Selection.
- Product Selection Name. Give your product selection a name. Names should be unique to the selection and not include spaces, special characters, or product SKUs (e.g. ShopTheLookJan1, StockingStuffers).
- Select Save Product Selection.
- If prompted to link the selection to a post, select Cancel.
- You can view items in your newly created product selection by expanding the selection.
Create a Shop the Look Post for Facebook
- On your Facebook page or group, create a post by selecting Photo/Video.
- Write your post in the body of the popup.
- Make sure to list the Product Identifiers for each item included in your product selection so shoppers know how they can claim specific items.
- Copy the Product Selection Name from CommentSold and paste it into your post. Make sure to include a # in front of the name (i.e., #ShopTheLookJan1, #StockingStuffers). This allows the post to flow through to your app.
- Select Add Photos/Videos to add your video to the post.
- Select Post to publish your post now, or the calendar icon to schedule your post for a future date and time.
If you have enabled the above autolink settings, then your Shop the Look post will automatically post to your mobile app. If you have not enabled autolink, you will need to manually link and post to your app.
Remove a Shop the Look Post
If you no longer wish to feature a Shop the Look video post on Facebook and/or your app, you can easily remove these postings.
Deleting a post from Facebook also removes the product selection posting history on the Posts tab of CommentSold. Removing the post via CommentSold will create an empty post on your Facebook page and/or group, so we recommend that you delete the post from Facebook.
- Locate your Shop the Look post on your Facebook page and/or group.
- Select the three dots in the upper right corner of the post and select Delete Post.
- Confirm your action by selecting Delete. Deleting a post removes the post from Facebook along with post comments.
- Select Posts in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Select App Posts from the menu options at the top of the page.
- Select the three dots below Manage for an individual post or select the checkbox to the left of each post if you wish to remove multiple posts.
- Select Hide In App.
What Your Shopper Experiences
When a shopper taps a Shop the Look post in your mobile app, they'll see the video and products shown in the video across the bottom of the screen.
Tapping on a product bubble while the video plays will allow your shopper to see each featured product, view their product descriptions, select sizes/colors, and add to their cart. Shoppers can also check out directly from the video when ready to purchase.
- Post Items to Facebook. Learn the various ways you can post items to your Facebook page and/or group.
- Post Items to Instagram. Learn how to create shoppable posts and stories on Instagram.
- Sell Multiple Items from a Single Facebook Post. Learn how you can create a Facebook post that features more than one item.