Website preferences are miscellaneous settings you can enable or customize to change how products display on your website. This page also allows you to enter your website title and meta description, which can help improve searchability in Google and other search engines.
Manage Website Preferences
- Select Website Content in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Select Preferences from the menu at the top of the page.
Here you can complete the below fields and/or enable the following settings:
- Homepage title. Adding a homepage title can help Google rank a page higher when shoppers search Google.
- Homepage meta description. Summarize the contents of your webstore. This description can help Google rank a page higher when shoppers search Google. You can borrow this description from what you've entered in the Shop Description field on your Setup page.
- Default Products to Unpublish. Enable if you wish for products to default to an unpublished status when created. This allows you to publish new products to your webstore at a later time.
- Hide Sold Out Products. Enable if you wish to hide products with zero inventory quantities from your webstore collections.
- Hide Available Stock Count. By default, the webstore will show the number of available stock for each product variant. Enable if you wish to hide those quantities from the shopper's view.
- Webstore Visible on Home Page. Enable this setting if you wish for your webstore to appear at your shop's URL (e.g., peachesandpockets.com or myshop.commentsold.com). This setting also lives on the Shop tab of your Setup page.
- Facebook Catalog URL. You only need to copy this URL and enable deep linking if you are creating a Facebook product catalog for a Facebook ad. Learn more about Facebook ads and deep linking here.