In this article, you'll learn:
- How to access your push notification logs.
- How CommentSold calculates different push notification metrics.
About Your Push Notification Logs
A push notification is a message from your shop's mobile app that pops up on a shopper's mobile device. Shops can send push notifications anytime, and shoppers don't have to be in the app or even using their device to receive the notification.
You can use notifications for several things: offering a discount, notifying shoppers of a product drop or daily deal, and announcing a live sale. Shoppers will only receive push notifications if they have your mobile app installed and notifications for your app enabled.
With CommentSold, you can view the performance of your push notifications, such as the percentage of shoppers who tap the notification to open your app, in your Push Logs.
How Push Notification Logs Benefit Your Shop
- Understand which notification types or messaging receive the highest level of engagement.
- View the combined performance of your last 30 push notifications using the Push Log panels.
- Dig into individual notification metrics, including disable rate (unsubscribe), delivery rate, and tap through rate.
View Push Notification Logs
- Select Mobile App in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Select Notifications in the menu at the top of the page.
- Scroll and locate the Push Logs section.
View Averaged Metrics for Your Last 30 Push Notifications
The panels at the top of your Push Logs section display combined subscriber, delivery, and engagement metrics for your last 30 notifications.
When you send a notification to an iOS (Apple) device, CommentSold sends a request to Apple that contains a unique device token, or identifier, for that specific device. CommentSold then waits for Apple to confirm whether that device accepted the notification.
Your Subscribed Devices figure is the number of devices for which Apple servers have accepted a notification request.
Your Reporting Devices figure reflects the iOS deliveries that CommentSold has successfully tracked and confirmed.
This means CommentSold was able to confirm a successful response through our tracking capabilities. This figure also includes the number of unique users who successfully received a notification from your shop in the last 30 days.
Your Delivery Rate is the average percentage of successful deliveries for your last 30 notifications.
CommentSold calculates your delivery rate as (sum of delivery rates for your last 30 notifications) / (30) * 100.
If you have less than 30 notifications, then this is the percentage of what you've sent so far (i.e., the sum of delivery rates for your last 10 notifications divided by 10).
Note that changes an iOS user makes to their device settings can impact your delivery rate (i.e., if they turn off notifications, etc.).
Your Tap Through Rate is the average percentage of iOS users who interacted with your last 30 notifications.
CommentSold calculates your tap through rate as (sum of tap-through rates for your last 30 notifications) / (30) * 100.
If you have less than 30 notifications, then this is the percentage of what you've sent so far (i.e., the sum of tap through rates for your last 10 notifications divided by 10).
View Metrics for Individual Push Notification
- Push Type. The type of push notification sent. You can send push notifications from the Notifications page in CommentSold and also when going live on your app or posting a product to your mobile app.
- Segment. The category of shoppers to whom you sent the notification (e.g., all shoppers, VIP customers, or shoppers with carted items).
- Disable Rate. The percentage of confirmed recipients who disabled notifications after receiving the push notification. Disable Rate is similar to an email unsubscribe rate.
- Send Rate. The percentage of intended recipients for whom Apple's servers accepted the current notification.
- This figure should generally be close to 100%, except for sending errors. CommentSold will retry failures to optimize the delivery as much as possible for all users.
- iOS Tapped Rate. The percentage of iOS users who interacted with a notification.
- CommentSold calculates tap through rate as (# of taps detected) / (# of confirmed recipients) * 100.
- iOS Delivery Rate. The percentage of intended recipients who successfully received the push notification.
- CommentSold calculates your delivery rate as (# of successful deliveries) / (# of unique users who received at least one of your last 30 notifications) * 100.
- Create Your Mobile App with CommentSold. Learn how to create a branded mobile app where shoppers can view products, watch live sales, make purchases, and more.
- Send a Push Notification for Your Mobile App. Learn how to customize and send different types of push notifications for your mobile app.