In this article, you'll learn:
- How to add a previously-aired live sale to your Instagram grid.
- How to link a live replay on Instgram so shoppers can claim products in the comments.
About Live Replays on Instagram
Live replays allow shoppers to view and shop your live sales long after they've ended. Retailers who broadcast a live sale to Instagram can post and pin the live replay of that sale to the Instagram grid of their business account.
During an Instagram live sale replay, followers can watch the video replay, comment to claim a product (e.g., SOLD 102 small tan, etc.), and follow the link in their DMs to complete their purchase.
How Live Replays on Instagram Benefit Your Business
- Allow shoppers to shop previous live sales you hosted on Instagram at a convenient time.
- Pin live sale replays to the top of your Instagram feed to feature them and make it easier for followers to locate them.
- Allow shoppers to cart items via comments and check out via their Instagram DMs.
Add Live Replay to Your Instagram Grid
The below steps must be performed on the Instagram mobile app, not an Instagram account accessed through a web browser.
- On your business's Instagram profile, tap the three lines in the top-right corner of the app.
- Tap Archive in the fly-out at the bottom of the app.
- Tap the Stories Archive drop-down at the top of the app and select Live Archive.
- Locate and tap the live replay you wish to add to your post grid.
- Tap Share at the bottom of the screen.
- On the next screen, you can choose to upload a static cover image for the replay post or pick a specific moment in the replay to feature as the main image for the post. Select Done.
- On the next screen, edit your post Title and Description.
- Ensure the Post a Preview toggle is enabled. This setting ensures the replay posts to your Instagram account so followers can shop it.
- Select Post.
Link Product Selection to the Live Replay
In order for shoppers to claim products in the Instagram live replay comments, you will need to link the post to the product selection featured in the replay.
- Select Products in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Locate the product selection featured in the live sale, then select the three-dot icon on the far right of the row.
- Select Link to Post.
- On the pop-up, select the Instagram tab.
- Locate the live replay post and select the red Link button to the far right of it.
- CommentSold will notify you once the product selection links to the replay post.
- Connect Your Instagram Account. Learn how to connect your Instagram account to take advantage of social selling via product posts and stories.
- Go Live on Instagram. Learn how to set up and host live sales via CommentSold on Instagram.
- Post Items to Instagram. Learn how to create a shoppable post on your Instagram feed.