Ready to offer your shoppers new and exciting products using our dropship program, completely risk-free? Read on to learn how to order a dropship allocation without purchasing samples!
With CommentSold Dropship, you can partner with nationally-recognized brands to offer your shoppers new and exciting products. You can request a dropship allocation from a supplier, which adds a set number of product inventory units to your account.
Once added, you can publish these products to your mobile app and website, and share them on your social accounts. You can also feature dropship products in your live and short-form content. Learn how you can purchase product samples with your allocation here.
When you request a dropship allocation, the following happens:
- CommentSold will copy the product details, images, and information into a new product record on your Products page.
- You'll be given a specific amount of inventory units (e.g., 30 scarves, 12 candles, 40 t-shirts, etc.) to sell, also known as your allocation quantity.
- Your allocation window will begin. This is the 3-week window where you can sell the product in live sales and shoppable social posts.
Request a Product Allocation without Samples
- Select Dropship Catalog in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Locate and select the product for which you wish to order an allocation.
- Scroll and select Add Product to Shop Catalog.
- On the confirmation pop-up, select Yes, add to my catalog.
- Note your allocation window. The product will be immediately available to sell and you will have it in your active inventory until the date specified on the pop-up.
- You will see a confirmation message in the top-right corner of the page.
- Navigate directly to the product record for the allocated product by selecting View Product in the top-right corner of the page. There you can make changes to the product name and description, if desired.
Publish Your Dropship Products
Once you've received a dropship allocation, you will need to publish or post the product to each sales channel where you plan to sell the product (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, your mobile app, etc.).
- Select Products in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Locate the dropship product you wish to publish, then select the three-dot icon to the far right of the product row.
- Select the sales channel where you wish to publish/post the product:
- Post to Facebook. Craft a Facebook post from within CommentSold and schedule the post for immediate or future posting. Learn more options for posting products to Facebook here.
- Post to Instagram. Craft an Instagram post from within CommentSold and schedule the post for immediate or future posting. Learn more options for posting products to Facebook here.
- Post to App. Craft an in-app post and push notification for immediate or future posting. Learn more options for posting products to your mobile app here.
- Post to Webstore. Immediately publish the product to your website. You can also manage website publication settings on the product record.
Got Questions? We've Got Answers
- Do products automatically publish to my website and mobile app?
- Once you order a dropship sample, CommentSold adds the product to your inventory. However, products remain unpublished until you publish them to your website or other channels.
- How can I tell which products are from CommentSold Dropshipping on my Products tab?
- CommentSold Dropship products will have a green Dropship tag beneath the SKU.
- What happens to the unsold allocation?
- After your allocation window ends, any unsold allocation will go back to the supplier and CommentSold will zero out your available inventory. If you have published the product to your website and mobile app, you will need to unpublish the product.
- Can I request additional allocation if I sell all of mine?
- Please contact Chat Support if you need additional allocation. While we cannot ensure every allocation can be restocked, our team will do our best to meet your request.
- Can I extend an allocation?
- Please contact Chat Support if you wish to extend your allocation. While we cannot ensure every allocation can be extended, our team will do our best to meet your request.
- Can I end an allocation early?
- To end a product allocation, you can unpublish the product via the product record page. Should you need to remove the unpublished product from your inventory before the end of the allocation window, please contact Chat Support.
- Request a Dropship Allocation with Samples. Learn how to order samples of dropship products so you can feature them in live sales and short-form content.
- Navigate Your Dropship Catalog. Familiarize yourself with your Dropship Catalog, including how to browse products and order product samples.
- Edit Retail Price of Dropship Products. Learn how to edit the retail price of dropship products to boost your margins.