In this article, you'll learn:
- How to locate a product's deep link.
- How to use deep links.
About Mobile Deep Links
A deep link takes a shopper to a specific page on a website rather than the default home page. A mobile deep link will direct a user to a specific location in a mobile app, such as a product page.
A mobile deep link will take a shopper to a specific product in your mobile app if:
- The shopper has your mobile app downloaded to their device.
- The shopper is using the device on which they've downloaded your mobile app.
- The shopper taps the link from an app that supports mobile deep linking (e.g., SMS, iMessage, and Safari).
- The shopper has not set a default program to open links (e.g., Chrome, Safari) that would override mobile deep linking.
If a shopper's device meets all four of the above conditions, then a mobile deep link will direct them to the specific product in your mobile app. If not, the shopper will be taken to the product page on your webstore.
Note: Only your Shop Admin will be able to view a product's deep link URL on the product record.
How Deep Links Benefit Your Business
- Create a product-specific digital ad and use a mobile deep link to take a shopper directly to your app and to the product.
- Reduce the number of taps it takes a shopper to open your app and locate a product.
- Use deep links in customer communications to link shoppers directly to a specific product page.
Locate a Product's Mobile Deep Link
- Select Products in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Locate the product for which you need the deep link, then select the hyperlinked Product Name
- In the General Info section, locate the Deep Link.
- Copy the deep link.
Once you have copied a product's deep link, you can proceed with pasting that deep link into an ad, email, message, and more.
- Post Products to Your Mobile App. Learn how to post products to your mobile app for the app creation and review process.
- Enable Favorites on Your Mobile App. Learn how to enable mobile app favorites so your shoppers can curate a wishlist of items they love.
- Create Your Mobile App with CommentSold. Learn how to create a branded mobile app where shoppers can view products, watch live sales, make purchases, and more.