Want to publish a product on your mobile app, but don't want it to appear on a shopper's main feed? Read on to learn how.
Once you have a branded mobile app, you can post products for your shoppers to browse, favorite, preauthorize, and purchase.
Newly posted products will appear on the main feed of your app, which is the page that loads when a shopper opens the app.
If you wish to be intentional about which products appear on that feed, perhaps only displaying products from a specific collection, products above a specific price point, or simply products that reflect the personality of your brand, then you can hide products that you don't wish to appear in that feed.
Hidden products will still appear in collections and when a shopper searches for the product in your mobile app.
Hide a Product When Posting to Your Mobile App
You have the option to hide a product when you are posting it to your mobile app. This option is also available if you are posting products in bulk.
- Select Products in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Locate the product you wish to post and select the three-dot icon to the far right of the product row.
- Select Post to App from the options listed.
- Enter the post details, as desired, then at the bottom of the page, select the Hide from your main feed checkbox.
- Select Save Post.
Hide a Product After Posting to Your Mobile App
If you have already posted a product to your mobile app, then you can control its visibility from your Posts page.
- Select Posts in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Select App Posts from the options listed at the top of the page.
- Locate the product you wish to hide, then select the three-dot icon to the far right of the product row.
- Select Hide From Feed from the options listed.
- Confirm your action on the pop-up by selecting Confirm.
Products hidden from your mobile app feed will display a Hidden from Feed banner to the right of the Posted date.
- Post Products to Your Mobile App. Learn how to post individual products as well as products in bulk to your branded mobile app.
- Send Mobile App Push Notifications. Learn how to send one-time push notifications and how to enable automatic push notifications.
- Offer PayPal as a Payment Option on Your Mobile App. Learn how you can add PayPal to your mobile app so it'll appear as a payment option at checkout.
- Let Shoppers Favorite Products on Your Mobile App. Learn how you can enable the Favorites feature on your mobile app which will give shoppers a fantastic alternative to carting products they want to keep their eye on.