Want to offer customer support to your webstore and mobile app shoppers? Connect your Intercom account and add live chat to the shopping experience.
As a CommentSold retailer, you can connect your Intercom account to add live chat support to your webstore and mobile app.
All you need to get started is:
- An Intercom account (paid or free trial)
Connect Intercom to Your Webstore
- Select your Account icon at the bottom of the side menu of your Intercom dashboard.
- Select Settings.
- Select Installation in the left submenu, then select Web.
- In the Install chat for visitors section, select With an Integration on the right side of the page.
- Select the Copy workplace ID button to copy your ID to your digital clipboard.
- In CommentSold, select Setup in the side menu.
- Select More Integrations from the options listed at the top of the page.
- Locate the Intercom section and paste your workplace ID in the field provided.
- Select Save.
Connect Intercom to Your Mobile App
- Select Mobile App in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Select Settings from the options listed at the top of the page.
- Scroll and locate the Intercom section.
View the below tabs for instructions on locating the IDs and API Keys for each field listed in your Intercom section.
What Your Shoppers Experience
Intercom provides two different chat experiences that will depend on where a shopper chats—on your webstore or on your mobile app. Check out the tabs below to see these two experiences in action.
When a shopper visits your webstore, they'll see the Intercom chat icon in the bottom-right corner of the page. They simply need to select this icon to start a chat with your team. Learn how you can customize your Intercom messenger here.
When a shopper loads your mobile app, they can tap their Account icon in the bottom-right corner of the app, then tap Contact Us. This will load the mobile chat widget. Learn how you can customize your Intercom messenger here.
- Managing Customers. Learn how to manage customer records, including how to manually create records, block customers, and export a CSV of customer details.
- View Your Main Reports Overview. Learn more about the data points included in this overview such as payments, returns, fulfillment, revenue, and more.