Want to leverage your Facebook ads to link shoppers to specific products, collections, and content on your mobile app? Read on to learn how.
Deep links allow retailers to drive engaged customers to products, collections, and content pages within their mobile apps using Facebook ads. With deep links, shoppers will experience two different pathways when they select a deep link in an ad:
- If the shopper has the retailer's mobile app installed, then the deep link will redirect the shopper to the product within the app so the shopper can complete their purchase. This increases mobile app engagement.
- If the shopper doesn't have the retailer's mobile app installed, then the deep link will redirect the shopper to the product page on the retailer's webstore.
When a retailer enables Deep Link Redirects, the shoppers who do not have their mobile app installed are redirected to the App store to download the app. Deep link redirects are disabled by default and should only be enabled for specific use cases such as driving app downloads rather than purchases.
Enable Deep Link Redirects
- Select Webstore Content in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Select Preferences from the options at the top of the page.
- Scroll and locate the Facebook Catalog URL section.
- Select the Deep Link Redirects toggle so it appears as Enabled.
Grab a Link for a Deep Link Redirect
Recent updates to the iOS and Android app now allow you to Facebook ads directly to product detail pages, collections, and specific content pages published on your app. Users who have your app downloaded will land on these pages, whereas users without your app will still be directed to their respective app stores to download.
- Select Site Creator in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Select Pages from the options at the top of the page.
- Scroll and locate the page or collection you wish to link.
- Copy the link from the Breadcrumb URL field above the page.
For specific products, you can copy the Deep Link URL located in the General Info section of the product record.
- Create a Facebook Product Catalog. Learn how to create a Facebook product catalog for advertising and tagging products on Facebook and Instagram.
- Mobile Deep Linking. Learn how to use deep links to direct shoppers to a specific product on your mobile app.
- Run Facebook Ads with CommentSold. Learn everything you need to know to run Facebook Ads with CommentSold.