In this article, you'll learn:
- How shoppers can earn loyalty credit from purchases.
- How shoppers can use loyalty credit on a purchase.
About Loyalty Credits
Loyalty credits are points or dollar-value amounts that registered shoppers can earn based on the money they spend with a specific retailer. Registered shoppers can then redeem their points or dollar-value amounts for unique offers, products, or discounts.
With CommentSold, you can set up a loyalty program for your shop and award registered shoppers with account credit that they can use on future purchases with your shop. The amount a shopper receives will always be a set percentage of a purchase's subtotal. As a shop, you can set this percentage.
If enabled, registered shoppers can also earn a live sale bonus, which is an extra percentage of credit earned if the shopper makes a purchase during a live sale.
How Loyalty Credit Benefits Your Shoppers
- Registered shoppers earn "cash back" credit specific to your shop that they can use to save on future purchases.
- Registered shoppers control when they use their credit, be it each time they make an order or on a larger order that they want to save up for.
Earn Loyalty Credit
After each qualifying purchase, registered shoppers will receive a notification email that details the amount of credit they earned with their most recent purchase.
If the shopper selects the View My Account Page button, they'll be taken to their account page where they can view their current account credits.
Use Loyalty Credit on Purchases
Registered shoppers can apply their account credit toward future purchases. CommentSold automatically totals and displays the most current account credit amount on the shopper's account page.
Shoppers can check out via your webstore and their account page using a web browser.
- From their account page, a registered shopper can confirm the amount of account credit available to them.
- In the Checkout area within the Payment Method section, the shopper can select the Pay for with Account Credit checkbox.
- Once the shopper has paid with account credit, future orders will always have this balance automatically applied. They would need to deselect this checkbox to save their credit for another purchase.
- Shoppers can review their new total in the Summary section on the right side of the page. If there is a remaining balance, they will need to choose an additional payment method to complete the checkout process.
- Once the shopper is ready to check out, they can view available Store Credit at the bottom of the Checkout page.
- If the credit amount is less than the order subtotal, CommentSold will subtract the credit amount from the order.
- If the credit amounts to more than their subtotal, CommentSold will use the credit to cover the entire total at checkout.
- The shopper will need to slide their finger along the Slide to Place Order slider at the bottom of the app to complete their purchase.