In this article, you'll learn:
- How customers can earn rewards from referred shoppers' purchases.
- How shoppers can use referral rewards on a purchase.
About Referral Rewards
A referral program is a way for businesses to incentivize registered shoppers to recommend products to friends and family and drive new business.
With CommentSold, a registered shopper can earn rewards when other individuals use the shopper's code at checkout. This program also works as a powerful, organic social influencer program.
The amount a referrer receives can either be a flat dollar rate or a revenue share where the referrer receives a percentage of the new customer sale. As a shop, you can choose which option you prefer and set the flat rate or revenue share percentage.
How Referral Rewards Benefit Your Shoppers
- Referrers earn cash-like credit specific to your shop each time a shopper places an order using the referrer's code.
- Referrers control when they use their credit, be it each time they make an order or on a larger order that they want to save up for.
Earn Referral Rewards
After every purchase made using the referrer's code, the referrer will receive a notification email that details the amount of credit they earned from the purchase.
If the referrer selects the View My Account Page button, they'll be taken to their account page where they can view their current account credits.
After you enable your referral program, existing registered shoppers will see a new Refer and Earn Credit link on their account page.
When registered shoppers select this link, they'll see their unique referral code and information about the New Customer Reward and Referrer Reward. They can Copy the entire message or Copy Code Only to share it with their friends, family, followers, and more.
Use Referral Rewards on Purchases
Registered shoppers can apply their referral credit toward future purchases. CommentSold automatically totals and displays the most current account credit amount on the shopper's account page.
Shoppers can check out via your webstore and their account page using a web browser.
- From their account page, a registered shopper can confirm the amount of account credit available to them.
- In the Checkout area within the Payment Method section, the shopper can select the Pay for with Account Credit checkbox.
- Once the shopper has paid with account credit, future orders will always have this balance automatically applied. They would need to deselect this checkbox to save their credit for another purchase.
- Shoppers can review their new total in the Summary section on the right side of the page. If there is a remaining balance, they will need to choose an additional payment method to complete the checkout process.
- Once the registered shopper is ready to check out, they can view available Store Credit at the bottom of the Checkout page.
- If the credit amount is less than the order subtotal, CommentSold will subtract the credit amount from the order.
- If the credit amount to more than their subtotal, CommentSold will use the credit to cover the entire total at checkout.
- The shopper will need to slide their finger along the Slide to Place Order slider at the bottom of the app to complete their purchase.
- Enable Your Referral Program. Learn how to set up a referral or "Share and Earn" program for your shop.
- How Shoppers Can Earn and Use Loyalty Credit on a Purchase. Learn how shoppers can redeem loyalty credit that they earn through purchases in your shop.
- How Shoppers Can Apply a Gift Card to a Purchase. Learn how shoppers can redeem a gift card on a purchase or convert it to account credit.