In this article, you'll learn:
- How to enable auto-replies for email.
- How to customize an email auto-reply.
About Email Auto-Replies
Email auto-replies allow you to send automatic notifications to shoppers. Shoppers can trigger different email auto-replies based on a specific action they took in your shop (e.g., added an item to their cart, added an item to their waitlist, paid an order, etc.).
How Email Auto-Replies Benefit Your Shop
- Create a positive shopper experience by sending shopping-related emails and reminders.
- Personalize auto-replies to your shoppers using dynamic tags.
- Customize your auto-replies to reflect the voice and personality of your brand.
Enable Email Auto-Replies
- Select Setup in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Select Templates from the menu at the top of the page, then select Email.
- Locate the auto-replies you wish to enable and select the toggle so it appears as Enabled.
- If customizing an auto-reply, enter your desired subject line and message, then select Update Template.
- You can use dynamic variables, as listed at the top of the page, in any of your email auto-replies to personalize the message to the shopper.
- You can reset an auto-reply to its default subject line and message by selecting Reset Template in the bottom-right corner of the auto-reply section.
- Add to Cart. When a shopper adds an item to their cart, this auto-reply confirms the item is in their cart and prompts the shopper to check out.
- Added To Cart (First Paid First Served Mode). If your shop has First Paid, First Served enabled, when a shopper adds an item to their cart, this auto-reply reminds the shopper that items are not reserved until payment is received.
- Awarded Account Credit. When a registered shopper earns account credit, this auto-reply notifies them of the new credit amount.
- Expiry Reminder. If a shopper has items in their shopping cart that are approaching cart expiration, then this auto-reply reminds them to pay in time.
- Expiry Reminder (First Paid First Served Mode). If you enabled First Paid, First Served for your shop, then this auto-reply reminds shoppers that carted items are not reserved until your shop receives payment.
- Instagram Welcome Email. When a customer registers to ship via Instagram, this auto-reply welcomes them and briefly walks them through the shopping process.
- Invalid Instagram Comment. If a shopper does not properly format a SOLD comment (e.g., missing a variant) on Instagram, then this auto-reply prompts the shopper to repost their comment with the correct variant.
- Issued Gift Card. When a shopper purchases a gift card for another, this auto-reply notifies the recipient and provides the gift card code, URL, and/or value.
- Order Fulfilled Local Pickup. If a customer selected Local Pickup as their delivery method, then this auto-reply informs them when their order is ready for pickup.
- Order Shipped. If a customer selected a traditional shipping method, then this auto-reply informs them when their order has shipped.
- Order Paid. This auto-reply thanks a customer for their payment.
- Refund to PayPal/Card. This auto-reply confirms that a refund has been issued to a customer's card or PayPal account.
- Waitlist Activated. This auto-reply notifies shoppers when a waitlisted item is back in stock and informs them how to pay and when their cart expires.
- Waitlist Email. If an item is sold out when a shopper attempts to purchase it, then this auto-reply notifies them that they've been added to the waitlist.
- Enable First Paid First Served. Learn how to enable First Paid First Served to improve inventory availability and prevent inventory hoarding.
- Offer Local Pickup. Learn how to offer local pickup at one or multiple locations as a shipping option.
- How Shoppers Can Apply a Gift Card to a Purchase. Learn how shoppers can redeem a gift card on a purchase or convert it to account credit.