Click on any of the images or GIFs in this article for a closer look.
In this article, you'll learn:
- How to enable auto-replies for Facebook private replies.
- How to customize a private reply auto-reply.
About Facebook Private Replies
Facebook private replies allow businesses to privately message shoppers who comment on a Facebook post. With auto-replies, shops can send specific messages based on the nature of the post (e.g., invalid "SOLD" comment, attempting to claim a waitlisted item, etc.).
How Automating Facebook Private Replies Benefits Your Shop
- Create a positive shopper experience by immediately acknowledging a shopper's comment.
- Communicate with shoppers shopping for a live sale or post with timely updates (e.g., new order created, invalid comment, etc.)
Enable Auto-Replies for Private Facebook Replies
- Select Setup in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Select Templates from the menu at the top of the page, then select Private Replies.
- Locate the auto-reply you wish to enable and select the toggle so it appears as Enabled.
- If customizing an auto-reply, enter your desired message and select Update Template.
- You can reset an auto-reply to its default message by selecting Reset Template in the bottom-right corner of the auto-reply section.
Expand to view a description of available Facebook Private Replies auto-replies.
- New Order. When a registered shopper comments "SOLD" on an item, this auto-reply confirms their order and links to the customer's account page for the shopper to check out.
- New Order (First Paid, First Served). If you enabled First Paid, First Served and a registered shopper comments "SOLD," this auto-reply confirms their order, links the shopper to their account page for checkout, and reminds the shopper that carted items are not reserved until your shop receives payment.
- Invalid Comment. If a shopper does not correctly format a SOLD comment (e.g., missing a variant), then this message prompts the shopper to repost their comment with the correct variant.
- Item Waitlisted. If an item is sold out when a shopper attempts to purchase it, this message notifies them that they've been added to the waitlist.
- Connect Your Facebook Account. Learn how to connect your Facebook account, page, group, and Messenger to take advantage of social selling and Messenger notifications.
- Enable and Customize Auto-Replies for Facebook Comments. Learn how to enable and customize auto-replies for Facebook comments.