Click on any of the images or GIFs in this article for a closer look.
In this article, you'll learn:
- How to enable auto-replies for Messenger.
- How to customize a Messenger auto-reply.
- Which Messenger auto-replies cannot be customized.
About Messenger Auto-Replies
Messenger auto-replies allow you to send automatic responses to shoppers who have messaged your shop via Facebook. CommentSold will only send an auto-reply to those shoppers who have opted into Messenger communications from their account page.
Note: Enabling automated Messenger replies could result in a temporary restriction from Facebook. We recommend sending private replies over Messenger, whenever possible.
How Messenger Auto-Replies Benefit Your Shop
- Create a positive shopper experience by immediately acknowledging a shopper's message.
- Communicate with shoppers who are shopping a live sale with timely reminders and updates (e.g., product added to cart, cart expiring, payment received, order shipped, etc.)
- Direct shoppers where to send their questions such as a support email or a chat box on your webstore.
Enable Messenger Auto-Replies
- Select Setup in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Select Templates from the menu at the top of the page, then select Messenger Replies.
- Select the Use Messenger toggle so it appears Enabled.
- For those auto-replies you can customize, enter your desired message and then select Update Template.
- For the remaining auto-replies, you can choose to enable or disable them by selecting the toggle to appear either Enabled or Disabled.
Expand to view a description of available Messenger auto-replies.
- Messenger First Opt-in Message. Automatically message customers who opt into Messenger communications, either when first registering for an account or later on from their account page.
- 'Register' Reply. When a shopper comments "register" on a post or sends "register" to your Facebook Page via Messenger, they'll receive this auto-reply.
Note: While you can enable or disable the following Messenger auto-replies, you cannot edit them due to Facebook platform policy restrictions.
- Invalid Comment. If a shopper does not properly format a SOLD comment (e.g., missing a variant), then this message prompts the shopper to repost their comment with the correct variant.
- Item Waitlisted. If an item is sold out when a shopper attempts to purchase it, then this message notifies them that they've been added to the waitlist.
- Expiry Reminder. If a shopper has items in their shopping cart that are approaching cart expiration, then this message reminds them to pay in time.
- Expiry Reminder (First Paid First Served Mode). If you enabled First Paid, First Served for your shop, then this message reminds shoppers that carted items are not reserved until your shop receives payment.
- New Customer (no email on file). This message prompts new customers without an email address on their account to log in and add their email address.
- Add to Cart. When a shopper adds an item to their cart, this message confirms the item is in their cart and prompts the shopper to check out.
- No Mystery Item Match. If a shopper attempts to purchase an unavailable mystery item, then this message informs them that the item is out of stock.
- Waitlist Item Activated. This message notifies shoppers when a waitlisted item is back in stock and informs them how to pay and when their cart expires.
- Fulfilled Local Pickup Order. If a customer selected Local Pickup as their delivery method, then this message informs them when their order is ready for pickup.
- Fulfilled Shipped Order. If a customer selected a traditional shipping method, then this message informs them when their order has shipped.
- Payment Receipt. This message thanks a customer for their payment.
- Enable and Send Live Sale Notifications via Messenger. Learn the multiple ways a shopper can opt into Messenger notifications.
- How Shoppers Can Opt-In to Receive Messenger Notifications. Learn how to enable opt-in methods for shoppers and how to send out notifications as part of the going live process.
- Connect Your Facebook Account. Learn how to connect your Facebook account, page, group, and Messenger in order to take advantage of social selling and Messenger notifications.