Click on any of the images or GIFs in this article for a closer look.
Want to grab your shoppers' attention when they first land on your business homepage? Add an announcement banner!
With an announcement banner, you can communicate timely, important messages to your website visitors. You can advertise upcoming live sales, promotions, and even collections.
Banner messages are fully customizable and you can make the banner clickable by linking it to an internal or external URL. For example, link to a New Arrivals collection or to the Apple or Google Play Store where shoppers can download your app.
Add an Announcement Banner
- Select Site Creator in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Select Settings from the options listed at the top of the page.
- Expand the Marketing section in the side menu of the Site Creator, then select Engagement.
- Locate the Announcement Banner section and enable the corresponding toggle.
- Enter your announcement text in the Content field.
- In the Add Link section, you can add a link so shoppers are redirected to a specific webpage when they select the banner.
- Add Internal Link. Choose from a published website page or product collection.
- Add External Link. Enter the URL for an external website (e.g., www.google.com).
- If desired, enable the Start & Expiration Time toggle to schedule a timeframe in which the banner will appear on your website.
- Start Date. Select this field to choose your desired date and time using the calendar picker and clock widget.
- End Date. Select this field to choose your desired date and time using the calendar picker and clock widget.
- Select Publish in the top-right corner of the page to publish the announcement banner to your website.
- Design a Content Page. Learn how to create a content or collection page and add different widgets, like Live Replays, Product Grids, and more.
- Create a Navigation Menu for Your Website. Learn how to create a nested navigation menu that makes it easy for shoppers and website visitors to browse your products and collections.
- Customize Your Website Footer Menu. Learn how to customize what content is linked in the footer of your website.