In this article, you'll learn:
- How to add spam keywords to your Instagram settings to filter out bot comments.
About Spam Keywords
Retailers with Instagram accounts can often experience spam messages from bot accounts in the comments of their Instagram posts and live broadcasts. These spam messages can clutter a comment feed and make it difficult for followers to interact with the brand and each other.
Luckily Instagram allows retailers and other brands to enter spam keywords that help Instagram filter out these comments as they're made. We walk through how to do this below.
How Spam Keywords Benefit Your Business
- Reduce the number of spam bot comments made to your Instagram posts and live broadcasts.
- Stay on top of spam comments by easily adding to your keywords list at any time.
- Keep comments easier to read and respond to for both your team and followers.
Add Spam Keywords on Instagram
Retailers will need to scan existing spam comments to identify common keywords. Once identified, retailers can enter them on Instagram to prevent future spam messages.
For example, Grow, Followers, and Click are common keywords that help retailers eliminate common spam messages that promise follower or audience growth and any spam comment that encourages the retailer (or followers) to click a link.
- Go Live on Instagram. Learn how to go live on Instagram as part of the CommentSold live selling process.
- Post Products to Instagram. Learn the various ways you can create a shoppable post on your Instagram feed.
- Selling Through Instagram Stories. Learn how to create shoppable Instagram stories where shoppers can comment "SOLD" and purchase from the app.