Click on any of the images or GIFs in this article for a closer look.
In this article, you'll learn:
- How to enable auto-replies for Instagram comments and direct messages.
- How to customize an Instagram comment and direct message auto-reply.
About Instagram Auto-Replies
Instagram auto-replies allow you to send automatic responses to shoppers who have commented on an Instagram product post or via a direct message.
How Instagram Auto-Replies Benefit Your Shop
- Create a positive shopper experience by immediately acknowledging a shopper's comment.
- Communicate with shoppers who are shopping a product post with timely reminders and updates (e.g., product added to cart, cart expiring, payment received, order shipped, etc.)
- Direct shoppers via direct message where to send their questions such as a support email or a chat box on your webstore.
Enable Instagram Auto-Replies
- Select Setup in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Select Templates from the menu at the top of the page, then select Instagram Replies.
- Locate the auto-reply you wish to enable and select the toggle so it appears as Enabled.
- If customizing an auto-reply, enter your desired message and then select Update Template.
- You can reset an auto-reply to its default message by selecting Reset Template in the bottom-right corner of the auto-reply section.
Expand to view a description of available Instagram comment auto-replies.
- Invalid Comment. If a shopper does not properly format a "SOLD" comment (e.g., missing a variant), then this auto-reply prompts the shopper to repost their comment with the correct variant.
- Item Waitlisted. If an item is sold out when a shopper attempts to purchase it, then this auto-reply notifies them that they've been added to the waitlist.
- Add to Cart. When a shopper adds an item to their cart, this message confirms the item is in their cart and prompts the shopper to check out.
Expand to view a description of available Instagram direct message auto-replies.
Private replies, the auto-reply that goes to a shopper's Instagram direct messages, are permanently turned on. You may edit and update any templates to customize the messaging for each private reply. You can find private replies toward the bottom of the Instagram Replies page.
- Invalid Comment. If a shopper does not properly format a SOLD comment (e.g., missing a variant), then this message prompts the shopper to repost their comment with the correct variant.
- Item Waitlisted. If an item is sold out when a shopper attempts to purchase it, then this message notifies them that they've been added to the waitlist.
- New Order. When a registered shopper comments "SOLD" on an item, then this auto-reply confirms their order and links to the customer's account page for the shopper to check out.
- New Order (First Paid, First Served). If you enabled First Paid, First Served and a registered shopper comments "SOLD", this auto-reply confirms their order, links the shopper to their account page for checkout, and reminds the shopper that carted items are not reserved until your shop receives payment.
- Post Products to Instagram. Learn how to post items for sale on your Instagram feed.
- Selling Through Instagram Stories. Learn how to create shoppable Instagram stories where shoppers can comment "SOLD" and purchase right from the app.
- Connect Your Instagram Account. Learn how to connect your Instagram account to take advantage of social selling via product posts and stories.