In this article, you'll learn:
- How to connect your Instagram account to CommentSold.
Instagram is a popular photo-sharing app that allows people to connect with friends, family, brands, celebrities, and more. Instagram helps shops grow brand awareness by sharing their brand personality and products with followers and people exploring their feed.
With Instagram, shops like yours can promote your products in a friendly, authentic way. You can interact with existing followers, target new followers, and convert those followers into loyal customers.
How Instagram Benefits Your Shop
- Create shoppable posts and stories where shoppers can comment "SOLD" and purchase items right in the app.
- Go live on Instagram as part of the CommentSold live selling process.
- Share curated looks or projects and let shoppers purchase the pieces they want.
- Build rapport and brand loyalty with new and existing shoppers through regular posts, comment discussion, and general support.
Before You Connect
Before you can connect your Instagram account to CommentSold, you'll need to ensure that you've completed the following steps:
- Convert your Instagram account to a business account.
- Connect your Instagram account to your Facebook page.
- Allow access to direct messages on Instagram so you can send auto-replies.
- Connect your Facebook business page in CommentSold.
Connect Your Instagram Account
Once you connect your Facebook Page and Instagram business account, you will need to connect them or reconnect them in CommentSold.
- Select Social Setup in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Select the Facebook Pages tab from the options listed at the top of the page.
- Select Re-Connect Facebook.
- Do not skip this step, even if you have previously connected your Facebook account.
- Select the Instagram tab from the options listed at the top of the page.
- Select Re-connect Facebook once more.
- This step gives CommentSold permission to send auto-replies through Instagram messages.
- Select OK in the confirmation popup
- In the Connect Your Facebook Page section, ensure your Facebook page and Instagram account are linked.
- Select Select Page for the desired Instagram account.
Once you've connected your Instagram account, you can configure your Instagram settings.
- Post to App on Autolink. Enable if you wish for CommentSold to simultaneously post a product to your mobile app at the same time you publish an autolinked product post to Instagram.
Send Notification on Autolink. Enable if you wish to send a push notification to mobile app users when an autolinked Instagram post publishes to your app. You must have Post to App on Autolink enabled to enable this setting.
- Go Live on Instagram. Learn how you can go live on Instagram as part of the CommentSold live selling process.
- Enable and Customize Instagram Auto-Replies. Learn how to customize the auto-reply shoppers receive when they comment on Instagram posts.
- Selling Through Instagram Stories. Learn how to create shoppable Instagram stories where shoppers can comment "SOLD" and purchase right from the app.
- Post Items to Instagram. Learn how to create a shoppable post on your Instagram feed.