In this article, you'll learn:
- How to enable auto-replies for Facebook comments.
- How to customize a Facebook comment auto-reply.
About Facebook Comment Auto-Replies
Facebook comment auto-replies allow you to send automatic responses to shoppers who have commented on a product post, shop the look post, or live sale.
How Facebook Comment Auto-Replies Benefit Your Shop
- Create a positive shopper experience by immediately acknowledging a shopper's comment.
- Let your behind-the-scenes team focus on questions and concerns in the comments while auto-replies tackle more common questions or actions.
- Proactively help customers who comment incorrectly on a product post, live sale, or shop the look post (i.e., a shopper forgets to include the size or color of an item they're trying to purchase).
Enable Facebook Comment Auto-Replies
- Select Setup in the side menu of your CommentSold dashboard.
- Select Templates from the menu at the top of the page, then select Facebook Comments.
- Locate the auto-reply you wish to enable and select the toggle so it appears as Enabled.
- If customizing an auto-reply, enter your desired message and then select Update Template.
- You can reset an auto-reply to its default message by selecting Reset Template in the bottom-right corner of the auto-reply section.
- Invalid Comment. If a shopper does not properly format a SOLD comment (e.g., missing a variant), then this auto-reply prompts the shopper to repost their comment with the correct variant.
- Item Waitlisted. If an item is sold out when a shopper attempts to purchase it, then this auto-reply notifies them that they've been added to the waitlist.
- Waitlist Item Activated. This auto-reply notifies shoppers when a waitlisted item is back in stock and informs them how to pay and when their cart expires.
- New Customer (no email on file). This auto-reply prompts new customers without an email address on their account to log in and add their email address.
- New Order. When a registered shopper comments "SOLD" on an item, then this auto-reply confirms their order and links to the customer's account page for the shopper to check out.
- New Order (First Paid, First Served). If you enabled First Paid, First Served and a registered shopper comments "SOLD", this auto-reply confirms their order, links the shopper to their account page for checkout, and reminds the shopper that carted items are not reserved until your shop receives payment.
- What's Available. This auto-reply lets shoppers know which variants (e.g., size, color, etc.) of an item are still available.
- Comment Charge. If a shopper enabled comment charge on their account page and comments "SOLD" on an item, then this auto-reply confirms their paid order.
- Waitlist Authorized. If a shopper preauthorizes an item on their waitlist, then this auto-reply informs the shopper that their item was successfully preauthorized.
- Missing Group Permission. If a shopper's account does not have the appropriate Facebook permissions, then this auto-reply links them to their Facebook account page to update permissions.
- Post Products to Facebook. Learn the various ways you can post items for sale on your Facebook page and group.
- Create a Shop the Look Video Post. Learn how to feature and sell multiple items on Facebook using product selections.
- Going Live with CommentSold. Learn how to stream a live sale to your Facebook page and/or group.
- Connect Your Facebook Account. Learn how to connect your Facebook account, page, and group to take advantage of social selling via product posts and live sales.